Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

3 minutes ago, ClinicalPSY said:

The grad admin there Dr. Newlan is normally very responsive but hasnt replied to my mails this past week. Not a good sign. 

I had to have my recommendation letters sent via postal mail. I've e-mailed the graduate coordinator once in December and a couple times now in January to check on the letters because they are still showing up as missing, and I haven't received any kind of response. I'm assuming my application didn't even make it through the first cut, or the high volume of applicants (especially considering their small entering class) essentially means that if your application isn't complete by the deadline and you run into problems with anything you're out of contention immediately? 

It's an Ivy on the East Coast so I knew it was going to be a long shot. Not sure how much numbers matter. My stats were 169/168/6.0, GPA 3.75, 4 publications (no first authors though).

3 minutes ago, hh0505 said:

I had to have my recommendation letters sent via postal mail. I've e-mailed the graduate coordinator once in December and a couple times now in January to check on the letters because they are still showing up as missing, and I haven't received any kind of response. I'm assuming my application didn't even make it through the first cut, or the high volume of applicants (especially considering their small entering class) essentially means that if your application isn't complete by the deadline and you run into problems with anything you're out of contention immediately? 

It's an Ivy on the East Coast so I knew it was going to be a long shot. Not sure how much numbers matter. My stats were 169/168/6.0, GPA 3.75, 4 publications (no first authors though).

Your scores are very good. Which other schools have you applied to? I'm sure you must have got at least a few interview calls?

1 hour ago, phdcalling said:

maybe I should take a five hour nap...anxiety is kicking in

I relate to this on a spiritual level.  Also waiting for BU... last one and my #2 choice so that's not helping.  

Any Clinical Psych PhD applicants hear from:  University of Colorado Denver, University of AZ, University of Miami, Vanderbuilt, Duke?  Anyone interviewing at the University of Florida?

7 hours ago, ClinicalPsychology said:

Current graduate students extended interview invitations last night - I'm not sure whether they're continuing to extend more, but they've definitely started.  Official emails to follow graduate student phone calls.

I just got a phone call from a current graduate student who notified me of the interview invitation, right after I found an email from the program director that had been sitting in my spam folder for a while. 

So to those who are still waiting on UCLA, check your spam. And don't lose hope yet! 

Edited by wez

46 minutes ago, acceptme said:

BU poster who got an interview, was it a personalized email from the PI or was it a mass/generic email?  Thanks!

Unless I'm incorrect i believe the previous poster was incorrect and correct themselves, I don't believe BU has put out invitations yet.

1 hour ago, bdeck said:

Unless I'm incorrect i believe the previous poster was incorrect and correct themselves, I don't believe BU has put out invitations yet.

Someone on the results page reported getting a call from their POI and an email.  

6 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

Did this happen and I just didn't get one? I didn't see anything posted. 

I didn't see anything either. That's what the secretary said when I called, but who knows. Seems like the timelines often get pushed back with all these decisions ? 

Aaaaaand... I'm out. My POI was nice enough to email me and inform me I didn't make the cut for interviews and while I am still in the running she "rarely" ends up going back to the second round picks. I'm ok with this. I knew it was a long shot. 

BTW, Apparently University of Memphis has apparently issued all the invites for the Clinical program according to the two professors I spoke with today (both in the clinical department). 

31 minutes ago, periwinkle27 said:

Has anyone heard from UMass-Boston. I'm thinking it'll be any minute now..

27 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

I think there are two on the results board...

UMass Boston committee met yesterday so shortlist invites are going out

Hi! First time applying to Ph.D programs and new to this site so forgive me if this has already been answered- but I've seen several posts about people receiving interview invites to some of the schools I've applied to (Penn State, Miami, Fordham, Drexel). However, my application status online for each of these schools still says that my application is currently under review, and I haven't received rejections from any of them.

Should I lose hope now, or is there any chance I could still be extended an interview? Honestly just need closure at this point!

2 hours ago, neuropsychologeek said:

Hi! First time applying to Ph.D programs and new to this site so forgive me if this has already been answered- but I've seen several posts about people receiving interview invites to some of the schools I've applied to (Penn State, Miami, Fordham, Drexel). However, my application status online for each of these schools still says that my application is currently under review, and I haven't received rejections from any of them.

Should I lose hope now, or is there any chance I could still be extended an interview? Honestly just need closure at this point!

You might considering writing to either the department or the grad school co coordinator about this. Your status online will change long after the actual decision has been made. But if you write to them you'll know if you are on the interview list or not. If you havent received an interview call and they have sent out all interview invites then its obviously bad news.