Perception and Cognition Fall 2017 Applicants

socrate4se

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, tere93 said:

Nobody has heard from Harvard yet? POI told me they would send invitations in January but haven't heard back from him since! Anyways, I got into UC Davis!! And I am still waiting on Berkeley for the Vision Program. They don't have funding for international students tho.. so it is a problem!

Lol I'm starting to think that Harvard only exists in the minds of men and I didn't want it enough to make it real (haven't heard a peep). But congrats! I heard UCDavis is a great program so at least you know you have somewhere reputable to go in the fall.

On 2/7/2017 at 1:26 PM, tere93 said:

Nobody has heard from Harvard yet? POI told me they would send invitations in January but haven't heard back from him since! Anyways, I got into UC Davis!! And I am still waiting on Berkeley for the Vision Program. They don't have funding for international students tho.. so it is a problem!

I've already been accepted into the Vision Science program at Berkeley and they've already sent invites for the Visit Day(s) on March 6-8th, so I'm pretty sure they're all done. But super congrats on getting into UC Davis! I myself was rejected from that one. Such a mysterious process! The good news is if they accepted you then it probably means that the school would be a great fit. :)

Edited by socrate4se

13 hours ago, socrate4se said:

I've already been accepted into the Vision Science program at Berkeley and they've already sent invites for the Visit Day(s) on March 6-8th, so I'm pretty sure they're all done. But super congrats on getting into UC Davis! I myself was rejected from that one. Such a mysterious process! The good news is if they accepted you then it probably means that the school would be a great fit. :)

I also got invited to the Visit Day, but as I am international they did the interview by Skype. It went well tho the problem is the funding, so I am waiting... they said they'll get in touch with applicants beginning of March. But congrats on your acceptance! I guess you have a potential supervisor and you are an US citizen? And yeah, I am very excited for Davis, although I was really looking forward to going to Berkeley, sounds like a more exciting program, and the proximity to SF... hehe

3 hours ago, OhSoSolipsistic said:

Just got accepted to ASU! Does anyone know if funding info is usually stated in the official acceptance letter? My letter is still being processed and I can't find any details about stipend, fellowships, etc. anywhere else.

Congrats! When my bf got info on stipends last year it was always in the official letter so I'm sure it'll come along with that!

On 2/14/2017 at 6:41 AM, tere93 said:

I also got invited to the Visit Day, but as I am international they did the interview by Skype. It went well tho the problem is the funding, so I am waiting... they said they'll get in touch with applicants beginning of March. But congrats on your acceptance! I guess you have a potential supervisor and you are an US citizen? And yeah, I am very excited for Davis, although I was really looking forward to going to Berkeley, sounds like a more exciting program, and the proximity to SF... hehe

That's right, I had a potential supervisor and am a US citizen. The only reason I ended up getting accepted early though was because the department decided to nominate me for a university fellowship (nice surprise!) and being nominated is an auto-accept, I guess!

I hope things go well for you too! Let me know how it works out--maybe we'll be in the same class! :P

7 hours ago, OhSoSolipsistic said:

Just got accepted to ASU! Does anyone know if funding info is usually stated in the official acceptance letter? My letter is still being processed and I can't find any details about stipend, fellowships, etc. anywhere else.

Hooray!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 9:06 AM, hyumb said:

Has anyone heard back from Tufts or know approximately when they usually send out decision? 

They sent out a wave of rejections on March 8 via e-mail saying a decision was posted to the web portal. I got one, and saw a couple more on the results page.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2017 at 1:01 PM, tere93 said:

Just got accepted at UC Berkeley, Vision Science program!!!! I am so excited I can't even begin to describe it!

Congrats! Did you get funding? I heard some of the UCs (e.g., UCLA) normally don't accept int'l students because of funding.

On an unrelated note, has anyone been accepted (or rejected or waitlisted) by University of Washington Seattle (Cognitive subfield)? It's the only program I haven't heard anything from. I tried e-mailing the grad coordinator and got an automated response. I've seen acceptances in the clinical and social subfields but don't think I've seen anything for Cognitive.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, hh0505 said:

Congrats! Did you get funding? I heard some of the UCs (e.g., UCLA) normally don't accept int'l students because of funding.

On an unrelated note, has anyone been accepted (or rejected or waitlisted) by University of Washington Seattle (Cognitive subfield)? It's the only program I haven't heard anything from. I tried e-mailing the grad coordinator and got an automated response. I've seen acceptances in the clinical and social subfields but don't think I've seen anything for Cognitive.

Thanks! Yes, that's the case also for my program, but I come with 2 years of funding from the Fulbright Scholarship. After that, I'd do the qualifying exam and all my international fees would be dropped, so I'd be in the same position as the rest of US students in the program.