2017 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

neuroundergrad

3 minutes ago, Janiejoneswoah said:

Just got invited to interview at UCLA and Johns Hopkins neuroscience in emails that arrived within 2 minutes of each other!!!

Congrats! I also heard from UCLA just now. Was your Hopkins interview from a POI? Or was it generic?

Is Hopkins neuroscience invitations rolling or today only? If I don't hear by the end of the day should I just assume I didn't get an interview and move on? I guess it wouldn't hurt to call either....

^ that's seems likely. Got a JHU email today but for those who didn't, more emails may come later if last year is any indication. I know it's tough to wait. I think I've been rejected from one of my top choices because I haven't gotten an email and it seems likely that they were sent all in one day. Chins up.

Edited by Cervello

I know a few people have heard back from WashU already, but are they sending out more invites or should I cross them off my list? And I think Columbia and Wisconsin might be sending out invites this week based on past years?

14 minutes ago, BenPlumm said:

Just got a confirmation email from UCSF! Check your inboxes if you haven't already. They said they wanted to get the news out before the offices shut down for the holidays tomorrow.

from past record it looks like UCSF sends out rejection along with interviews? can anyone confirm this? well I mean I will know if I get one lol.

On 12/19/2016 at 7:36 PM, FlipWizard said:

I know a few people have heard back from WashU already, but are they sending out more invites or should I cross them off my list? And I think Columbia and Wisconsin might be sending out invites this week based on past years?

Yeah I called WashU today and they said they're done

No idea how accurate this is at other schools... but I just spoke with the admissions coordinator at the UPenn NGG and she said they are not done sending out invitations. She also said most invites should be out by the end of the week, and a few invites may even be handed out in 2017.

Has anyone heard similar info about other places that have been sending out invites? I've tended to assume they all come out in one batch, but that may not always be accurate.

If the other person who posted UVM NGP in Results is lurking, what was your invite like? Mine seemed kind of short and generic compared to the other invite I've received so far...

I'm overseas and I don't currently have a phone number. Do schools typically send an email if they can't reach you by phone? If so, what's the latency usually like? A few schools I've applied to have apparently called some folks but I'm in the dark.

If you're a bit antsy like me, hold tight! We'll get through this!

Hi guys! Has anyone heard specifically from Columbia's neurobio/behavioral program? I think I've seen a few people say they've been contacted for biological/biomed sciences but not this, though maybe I misread. Anxiously waiting... 

15 minutes ago, purkinjay said:

Hi guys! Has anyone heard specifically from Columbia's neurobio/behavioral program? I think I've seen a few people say they've been contacted for biological/biomed sciences but not this, though maybe I misread. Anxiously waiting... 

Waiting right there with you.

2 hours ago, purkinjay said:

I don't think they've started sending out invites yet, but I imagine it'll happen over the next couple of days. They usually seem to send them a couple of days before Christmas.

Edited by neuroslice