Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

9 hours ago, OceansAreBlue said:

I am wondering, if Pittsburgh would send out their acceptances tomorrow or will they keep us waiting till next week?

I was wondering the same thing last night! Looks like (for the past 2 years) they've emailed on the first Sat of February, so my hopes are high (but who knows, really.)

9 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

I was wondering the same thing last night! Looks like (for the past 2 years) they've emailed on the first Sat of February, so my hopes are high (but who knows, really.)

Although I do have an acceptance so far, I would love to hear back  something positive from Pittsburgh. I hope that both of us get through. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, OceansAreBlue said:

Although I do have an acceptance so far, I would love to hear back  something positive from Pittsburgh. I hope that both of us get through. Fingers crossed!

Agreed! I'm happy with what I've heard so far but an acceptance would be great (also, just knowing either way would also be great! I hate being in the dark, haha)

21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What are you all waiting for next week? It seems like the week of the 11th is a big one, but maybe some early expectations? 

The week of the eleventh is gonna be huge I think, but I'm personally hoping that Michigan / Cal / Stanford will surprise us early.

24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What are you all waiting for next week? It seems like the week of the 11th is a big one, but maybe some early expectations? 

I will be squinting in Pitt's direction tomorrow - this evening I'm going to be shaking my head at Delaware because, hello it is Feb 2 - and I've developed a new theory based on my feelings and a free online tarot card reading that Maryland, having notified its short wait list people, will be sending out its acceptances this week. 

An early Michigan would be a blessing because then I can stop living in the style of "will my husband ever return home from sea" and move forward in one of two positive directions.

3 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

I will be squinting in Pitt's direction tomorrow - this evening I'm going to be shaking my head at Delaware because, hello it is Feb 2 - and I've developed a new theory based on my feelings and a free online tarot card reading that Maryland, having notified its short wait list people, will be sending out its acceptances this week. 

An early Michigan would be a blessing because then I can stop living in the style of "will my husband ever return home from sea" and move forward in one of two positive directions.

Maryland already sent acceptances as far as I'm aware (according to the results board), the day before we heard about the wait list status.

I have no idea why Delaware hasn't notified yet!

2 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Maryland already sent acceptances as far as I'm aware (according to the results board), the day before we heard about the wait list status.

I have no idea why Delaware hasn't notified yet!

HOW DID I MISS THIS! I can't read. Whatever. Ok. Good. Maryland now has a pass. 

Delaware - c'mon! I want to email them and be like "is everything ok?"

5 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

I will be squinting in Pitt's direction tomorrow - this evening I'm going to be shaking my head at Delaware because, hello it is Feb 2 - and I've developed a new theory based on my feelings and a free online tarot card reading that Maryland, having notified its short wait list people, will be sending out its acceptances this week. .

I thought UMD already sent out their acceptances for English? *pokes results page*

Edit: @punctilious beat me to the information.

Edited by Warelin

7 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I thought UMD already sent out their acceptances for English? *pokes results page*

They did - I just didn't catch the two acceptances in between the wait lists because relying on my peripheral vision to capture the word "wait list," which I then glommed onto before fully catapulting myself into a parallel dimension in which I alone can Sixth-Sense the notification dates, is more entertaining than actually, you know, reading the results one-by-one. 

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

11 minutes ago, jpbends said:

NORTHWESTERN IS KILLING ME

I'm not feeling good about Northwestern, to be honest, @jpbends. They rejected my undergrad application, so I'm under this paranoid delusion that they're going to see my PhD app and be like, "HAHA this kid again! Thinks getting himself a couple BAs makes him fancy shit! Not on my watch, sister! No acceptance for you -- you come back 10 years!"

Yeah, I know they supposedly destroy undergrad applications, but still... 

If Columbia is doing interviews, I wouldn't expect them to be done with admissions until early March! Last year they interviewed the last days of January and didn't do admissions until February 27/28. 

4 minutes ago, la_mod said:

If Columbia is doing interviews, I wouldn't expect them to be done with admissions until early March! Last year they interviewed the last days of January and didn't do admissions until February 27/28. 

Do you know if they interview all accepted/waitlisted applicants?

2 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Do you know if they interview all accepted/waitlisted applicants?

They do not! A lack of interview certainly does not mean it's an absolute no. Last year someone on this forum got in without an interview, and I know a student there who said that it really varies. It's also divided by subfield.