Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

5 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

I have still yet to hear anything it is driving me a bit crazy. No acceptances, no rejections, just radio silence.

I'd recommend a 90 Minute IPA :P 

Don't worry; if you send the applications, the decisions will come. Crossing my fingers for good ones!

Edited by FreakyFoucault

8 hours ago, renea said:

Just got an email from Miami saying decisions will be posted in 48 hrs to the website. 

WoW. I've yet to receive this message! I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for my rhet/comp Miami application... 

Has anyone heard about Penn State's timeline? 

1 hour ago, E. Coronaria said:

Anyone else waiting to hear from UC Riverside?

I am, unlike all the other UCs I applied to Riverside hasn't said a peep. I'm hoping that they'll send some notices out this coming week given the patterns of previous years. 

26 minutes ago, Pezpoet said:

Yup!

Glad I'm in good company!

17 minutes ago, toxicmoss said:

I am, unlike all the other UCs I applied to Riverside hasn't said a peep. I'm hoping that they'll send some notices out this coming week given the patterns of previous years. 

I know-- on my own personal projection sheet I have them listed as February 7-15.  UC Riverside has some faculty doing really cool work!

1 hour ago, JDRichter said:

WoW. I've yet to receive this message! I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for my rhet/comp Miami application... 

Has anyone heard about Penn State's timeline? 

I haven't-- but I did apply. I have written it off.  However, there was an error on my application, so I'm not necessarily in the same boat that you are in.

1 hour ago, JDRichter said:

see when I got the email I was actually thinking to opposite. I would assume they would email or call accepted applicants and send the rejects to the portal, but maybe I'm just paranoid

5 minutes ago, renea said:

see when I got the email I was actually thinking to opposite. I would assume they would email or call accepted applicants and send the rejects to the portal, but maybe I'm just paranoid

I think it's a good sign if we're to believe this: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=miami+rhetoric&t=a&o=&pp=25

2 hours ago, Dogfish Head said:

I have still yet to hear anything it is driving me a bit crazy. No acceptances, no rejections, just radio silence.

Same here. I've seen been really worried because one of the programs I applied to already sent out both acceptances and rejections (if the results page is to be believed) and I've heard exactly nothing. I guess that could mean I've been waitlisted (or they're responding in waves), but it really doesn't bode well for my anxiety.

3 minutes ago, signandsignifiers said:

Same here. I've seen been really worried because one of the programs I applied to already sent out both acceptances and rejections (if the results page is to be believed) and I've heard exactly nothing. I guess that could mean I've been waitlisted (or they're responding in waves), but it really doesn't bode well for my anxiety.

Would that be Notre Dame by any chance?

3 minutes ago, signandsignifiers said:

Nope; Rochester. It's a small enough program I assumed they'd just do it all at once.

Thanks for answering-- I didn't mean to pry. I guess several programs are doing this. Some of the other gradcafe members call that "into the abyss," I believe. Fun!

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

What are we thinking for this week? I'm waiting for Princeton and (maybe) Yale

Definitely expecting Princeton this week! I'm also expecting to hear from CUNY, Northeastern, and CU Boulder. It's going to be the craziest week, I'm actually really excited I don't know how I'm going to sleep :wacko::)

9 hours ago, clinamen said:

Definitely expecting Princeton this week! I'm also expecting to hear from CUNY, Northeastern, and CU Boulder. It's going to be the craziest week, I'm actually really excited I don't know how I'm going to sleep :wacko::)

Oh yeah, I was thinking Boulder would be late February/early March--their results are few and far between but I see that one person on the results board was accepted on the 14th last year, which was a Tuesday--so perhaps between tomorrow and Thursday accepted applicants will hear something!

So that means I'm hoping this week will be Brown, BU, Yale, Tufts, and Colorado for us. Whoa.

I'm guessing that - maybe - Virginia and Princeton are end of this week, UPenn is the beginning of next week, and Rutgers is end of next week. 

Also am eagerly awaiting my Maryland, Pitt, and PSU rejections, although I'm already ready for PSU to officially reject me sometime in April, lololol.

What are thoughts on places that send out acceptances (like Vanderbilt/UCSB/PennState) but I, personally, haven't heard back? I know this forum already has discussions on this topic, but I am just looking to be apart of the conversation. Also, what are thoughts if you don't get accepted anywhere? - These Feb. weeks are grueling in this long waiting game.

Hello! I have exactly the same questions. This past couple of days, around 3-4 of my schools have begun sending out acceptances (UC Davis, SB, NYU and Indiana Bloomington) but I haven't heard back. So if anyone knows whether they send out acceptances all at once, or in batches (esp since most have been sent out via phone calls), please let a fella know. The waiting game is stressful no doubt!

Also, huge congrats to all those who got in :D:D 

11 minutes ago, stressedapplicant#20093 said:

What are thoughts on places that send out acceptances (like Vanderbilt/UCSB/PennState) but I, personally, haven't heard back?

Personally, (and mind you, I haven't actually done this myself), but if you know acceptances have gone out and you haven't heard anything in several days, I think it should be acceptable to contact departments and ask if they are still sending out any acceptances/wait lists or not. I know there is some disagreement here on that, but I think that it's perfectly reasonable to do so after a few days.

Meanwhile, I'm over here waiting on UGA...and see that a creative writing applicant was notified BY SNAIL MAIL of their acceptance. Talk about a curve ball. Now I wanna run home on my lunch break and check the mail. Last year, they sent out emails by Feb. 10...

(And, of course, congrats to said person if they happen to be on this forum.) 

11 hours ago, signandsignifiers said:

Nope; Rochester. It's a small enough program I assumed they'd just do it all at once.

Saaaaaammmeee. I'm giving it until the end of today before counting them as In The Abyss. If you're not going to accept me, all I ask is a proper rejection. You know, for closure.

Anybody know (and forgive me if I've missed this in a previous post) about anything from University of Arkansas? I got an email from them a few weeks ago that suggested I should probably learn something this week, but if you browse the archived acceptances on this site, most folks don't seem to learn anything until the first week of March -- and I don't know if my heart can take that long of a wait!

13 hours ago, renea said:

Also received the same email this morning. I wish they’d just email when a decision is up—I was feeling pretty calm about it but now I’m going to be checking all the time.