Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

6 minutes ago, hibiscus said:

NYU and CUNY applicants what is your feel?

I have written off NYU as an implied rejection but am holding out hope for CUNY. Last year there seemed to be a lot of action when they released decisions officially -- including many waitlist notifications so I feel like there's still hope! 

15 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I have written off NYU as an implied rejection but am holding out hope for CUNY. Last year there seemed to be a lot of action when they released decisions officially -- including many waitlist notifications so I feel like there's still hope! 

As an unofficial CUNY admit, I still haven't received an official email of acceptance. So, I don't know what's going on with that! NYU is definitely a reject at this point. They're notorious for that one month gap between admittances and rejections.

In perhaps more positive news, the one to two Rutgers admittances this afternoon means tomorrow looks like the day for calls from their DGS! (Rutgers seems to do these on Saturdays for some reason.) Good luck, everyone!

2 hours ago, clinamen said:

Yes-There seems to be many CUNY applicants on here, so I would think that there would be at least one waitlist notification? A few "unofficial" acceptances makes me think they are not done yet.

17 hours ago, hibiscus said:

NYU and CUNY applicants what is your feel?

I probably should call CUNY an implied rejection, but I'm stubborn. CUNY is going to have to reject me themselves. I'm not doing it for them. 

1 hour ago, toxicmoss said:

I know we’ve had some UCR acceptances, does anyone know if they’re done or just sending them out slowly? 

I'm also waiting on UCR and UCSB and the slow trickle is killing me. UCSB told me this on the 9th, but I see some acceptances on the board. Granted, everyone applying is not on this forum, but omg: 

Thank you for your interest in the English program at UCSB. We are currently still going through our applicant review process. When more information becomes available you will be notified via our EApp.

1 hour ago, toxicmoss said:

I know we’ve had some UCR acceptances, does anyone know if they’re done or just sending them out slowly? 

I only have an unofficial acceptance at this point (the DGS emailed me). I was told that they're staggering notifications while they wait for funding info to come back from the graduate school and once they get it all back they'll send out the official notifications. I would also like to point out that I received my email a bit later than other people on the results page, so it's still quite possible.

Edited by signandsignifiers

14 minutes ago, LexHex said:

I'm also waiting on UCR and UCSB and the slow trickle is killing me. UCSB told me this on the 9th, but I see some acceptances on the board. Granted, everyone applying is not on this forum, but omg: 

Thank you for your interest in the English program at UCSB. We are currently still going through our applicant review process. When more information becomes available you will be notified via our EApp.

Thanks for the update! Just out of curiousity, did they send this to you first? I am just worried because I didnt receive this notification :(

33 minutes ago, roycedoyce said:

Thanks for the update! Just out of curiousity, did they send this to you first? I am just worried because I didnt receive this notification :(

I broke down and asked if they had a timeline lol

2 hours ago, clinamen said:

It's going to kill me waiting that loooong! 

One of my programs typically responds late late February/early March, so I'm in a similar boat. It doesn't help that this program is the one I have the most connections in so I feel as though I have a reasonable chance.

2 hours ago, themoderncondition said:

Three Rutgers results up but nothing in my regular forums about who they might be. It feels a little early for Rutgers. Do we think they’re done? Do I put this in the implied rejection pile?

It sounds like it is different professors doing the contacting. I'd probably give it until Wednesday before considering it an implied rejection. 

3 hours ago, themoderncondition said:

Three Rutgers results up but nothing in my regular forums about who they might be. It feels a little early for Rutgers. Do we think they’re done? Do I put this in the implied rejection pile?

Someone on the forums said they called him, but I don’t remember who it was. If they were calling on Friday afternoon then it’s possible they might still call on Monday, but I’m personally assuming the rejection.

11 hours ago, kem2486 said:

Anyone have a guess as to when Kentucky MA, Purdue MA, or Indiana will update? 

I think Kentucky will most likely be next week given past results. Purdue is known to do "rolling acceptances" so some may hear back much sooner than others. Indiana sent out acceptances and waitlists to their MA/PHD program a few weeks ago.

I think UVA, Boston University, Iowa, Tufts, Harvard, Tennessee and Lehigh have a good chance of releasing decisions this week based on previous trends! :)

Edited by Warelin

13 minutes ago, Warelin said:

I think UVA, Boston University, Iowa, Tufts, Harvard, Tennessee and Lehigh have a good chance of releasing decisions this week based on previous trends! :)

BU and Tufts better say something this week! We’ve felt so left out of the past big week of decisions! Lol. 

Edited by punctilious
Formatting on mobile

1 hour ago, hotpotato said:

UCR is killing me! I wasn't stressed before I got my lone acceptance. NOW I AM STRESSED. If I get rejected from Riverside, am I moving to the Midwest?? The Midwest actually sounds lovely to me in a way, but everyone and everything I know and love are in California. 

UCR is stressing me the heck out too. Someone in an acceptance thread said that UCR was waiting to hear back on their budget before sending out wider acceptances, so I assume until they hear back we won't be hearing head nor tail of acceptances or rejections... which means we'll probably be hearing back at the end of this week, seeing as tomorrow is a holiday. 

On 2/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, LexHex said:

This is vague as hell lol!!! UCSB WHYYYYYY!! Considering that previously, they seem to have decided ALL admissions at once, I'm killing myself pondering their new system...maybe it's similar to the UCR situation described below, wherein they're trying to determine how many people they can fund and are holding off all other decisions until then?

30 minutes ago, toxicmoss said:

UCR is stressing me the heck out too. Someone in an acceptance thread said that UCR was waiting to hear back on their budget before sending out wider acceptances, so I assume until they hear back we won't be hearing head nor tail of acceptances or rejections... which means we'll probably be hearing back at the end of this week, seeing as tomorrow is a holiday. 

I'm having a lil chat with them about financial stuff via phone soon, so I'll see if anything that illuminates this point comes up!

And so day 4 of Brown limbo begins. Is it acceptable to try calling the grad coordinator today? We emailed the DGS on Friday to inquire about his status but haven’t heard anything. Or should we just sit tight and hope to hear back soon? I just want to know one way or another! :unsure: