Projected Acceptance Dates for English PHD programs

33 minutes ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

They aren’t sending official acceptances until the end of February, that result was probably an unofficial acceptance. 

The end of February, ouch. Based off the dates from last year I was hoping it'd be during the 2nd full week of February. 

2 hours ago, jpbends said:

That's been really bugging me because I saw it pop up this week but nobody has claimed it, nobody else has posted a decision from Irvine, it's uncharacteristically early (by about four or five days), and Irvine doesn't typically notify by phone. They've said in pretty much every stage of the application process that they notify by email so it's really iffy for me but I hope it's just somebody who called early and got a decision, and that they're still going to be releasing acceptances soon.

Hi! I posted the Irvine acceptance that’s up. I just found this thread, and i’m sorry that its been giving you so much anxiety! I got a call from the grad director last weekend letting me know i was accepted and inviting me to campus. He said official offers would be sent out on the 16th though. I’m guessing that since no one else has posted theirs and official offers are still a week out, a fair amount of acceptances haven’t been notified yet! Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, la_mod said:

That UCSB acceptance is giving me stomach cramps

Dude I wish I hadn't seen it before my Latin midterm! Needless to say, focusing was....difficult -_-

2 hours ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

They aren’t sending official acceptances until the end of February, that result was probably an unofficial acceptance. 

I'm also curious about this! Do we have ourselves a person on the inside? :ph34r:  End of Feb tho, be still my aching heart!

@la_mod @mads47 @toxicmoss, UCSB applicant support group? :wacko:

32 minutes ago, chellyfish_ said:

Dude I wish I hadn't seen it before my Latin midterm! Needless to say, focusing was....difficult -_-

I'm also curious about this! Do we have ourselves a person on the inside? :ph34r:  End of Feb tho, be still my aching heart!

@la_mod @mads47 @toxicmoss, UCSB applicant support group? :wacko:

I’m in for this group, lol. After finding a major error in my SOP, I sure as hell need it hahaha

2 hours ago, signandsignifiers said:

Any thoughts on when Brown might notify? Patterns from previous years seemed to indicate that it would be this last week (and most likely today) but I haven't seen anything...

This, but also the same question about 15 other schools.

2 hours ago, signandsignifiers said:

Any thoughts on when Brown might notify? Patterns from previous years seemed to indicate that it would be this last week (and most likely today) but I haven't seen anything...

I think when I looked back to previous years, the last couple indicated it should be today, but other years were on Saturday or Tuesday. So I think it could be any time within the next five days or so. As much as I would have loved to get an answer today...

42 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

This, but also the same question about 15 other schools.

Same here. Four of my schools looked like they would notify this week, and I haven't heard anything. For one of them, I've seen a smattering of acceptances and rejections on the results page, but I haven't gotten any word--which doesn't really feel that positive.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, jpbends said:

That's been really bugging me because I saw it pop up this week but nobody has claimed it, nobody else has posted a decision from Irvine, it's uncharacteristically early (by about four or five days), and Irvine doesn't typically notify by phone. They've said in pretty much every stage of the application process that they notify by email so it's really iffy for me but I hope it's just somebody who called early and got a decision, and that they're still going to be releasing acceptances soon.

hi just saw this - i never said anything about this on grad cafe yet until tonight so that unclaimed post shouldn't be me haha. but yes, I got an unofficial Irvine acceptance (call from one of the profs; no email yet) last Sunday (Feb 4). 

11 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

omg- what a tease. 48 hours is so long!

I know! 

The email says:

Thank you for applying to the Graduate School at Miami University.  Your admission decision will be posted on your ApplyWeb application portal in 48 hours.  Log in at your convenience to obtain this information.

"at your convenience"....... 

The worst part is that the results have some people getting accepted and rejected via the website, and some people getting emails. So I'm just in limbo for the next 48 hrs.

6 minutes ago, renea said:

I know! 

The email says:

Thank you for applying to the Graduate School at Miami University.  Your admission decision will be posted on your ApplyWeb application portal in 48 hours.  Log in at your convenience to obtain this information.

The worst part is that the results have some people getting accepted and rejected via the website, and some people getting emails. So I'm just in limbo for the next 48 hrs.

It would take so much self control for me not to check constantly if a school sent me that. Good luck @renea

5 minutes ago, Wooshkuh said:

It would take so much self control for me not to check constantly if a school sent me that. Good luck @renea

Thank you! I've already checked once, so fingers crossed I can not log in again until tomorrow

1 hour ago, renea said:

I know! 

The email says:

I would be refreshing the portal constantly. Good luck to you and not going crazy in the next two days.

Waiting on Brown (both English and Modern Culture and Media), Stanford MTL, possibly Berkeley Rhetoric if they're not done accepting (but I suspect they are), and official news w/ funding from UCSC Hiscon. Yikes.

8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What are we thinking for this week? I'm waiting for Princeton and (maybe) Yale

I think it’ll be a big week. Brown, BU (?), Tufts, Yale (?), and hoping for some early results from other schools! 

3 hours ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Waiting on Brown (both English and Modern Culture and Media), Stanford MTL, possibly Berkeley Rhetoric if they're not done accepting (but I suspect they are), and official news w/ funding from UCSC Hiscon. Yikes.

What makes you think Rhetoric is done? There's only been one response on the board (admittedly I say that but whenever there js a single result I immediately take it as an implied rejection).