How many times have you checked your spam box today?

hopefulPhD2017

@phdthoughts yep, me too. 

@GreenEyedTrombonist With a couple of programs I looked into, it seems like the decision dates vary from year to year. So to make myself a little more comfortable, I took note of the later date and tried to think that that's when I'd get notified Also, your programs may have gotten many more applicants this season, or ad comm's may have had more scheduling conflicts so the process has taken longer this year. So, though it's hard, keep up hope!

After waiting for a whole day, I gave up and went to bed and finally got a reply from my POI regarding scheduling our skype chat - we're scheduled to talk on the 1st. Judging from the results posted last year, this school sent out notifications on 2/2 & 2/3, but they're still interviewing on 2/1 (at least me) this year so probably the final results will be out later this year. 

It's Sunday...

Why can't I accept that it's a Sunday, and no amount of checking my inbox/spam folders will do any good??

It's like the anxiety is exponentially rising with each passing day! I fear I will reach a complete meltdown before this is over:unsure:

@DBear it's awesome to hear you have an interview to look forward to and prepare for! You'll have to let us know how it goes.

I try to periodically just bring myself back down to earth by reminding myself how incredibly privileged I am to even be in this position of applying to PhD programs. Distracting myself with some deep thoughts like that can't hurt. That and the 210 emails I have to answer since being on vacation for a spell :P 

• 1 month later...

It's so easy for the people who applied to US, you guys get your decisions by Jan-Feb or maximum March. For people like me who applied to Canadian universities, it's been over 4 months of wait, and still no word from anywhere. 

I refreshed my mail a good 20 times during the day. And I check mails every night at usually 2 AM and 5 AM. 

1 hour ago, guitarHeroAn said:

It's so easy for the people who applied to US, you guys get your decisions by Jan-Feb or maximum March. For people like me who applied to Canadian universities, it's been over 4 months of wait, and still no word from anywhere. 

I refreshed my mail a good 20 times during the day. And I check mails every night at usually 2 AM and 5 AM. 

Oh dear. And to think that I considered applying to UToronto. I'd be tearing my hair out.

Not that I'm not already tearing my hair out. This wait is terrible. -goes to check spam box again-

On 1/28/2017 at 9:27 PM, phdthoughts said:

Can I mention that I'm starting to hate weekends because I know that there will be no emails. Somehow still does not prevent me from obsessively refreshing. :/

Oddly enough I received an acceptance at 1:00am saturday night so you never know...

I guess if it's an automatic system it can do weird things

Let's just say I unsubscribed to all the other emails I get from my main email so that if I get an email there, it is important. Weird part is, I dont even know what I am waiting for. I know it probably wont come in until the final week anyway so why worry and check? Still though...I do it out of habit.