How many times have you checked your spam box today?

hopefulPhD2017

Uh, not the spam box because my email account only considers commercial ads as junks. But I do check my email on a hourly basis, after finding out that the remaining schools usually send out results through emails. Still early though, I anticipate the results to come around mid February.

3 hours ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Specifically spam? Probably 4 times.

Email overall... too embarrassed to admit... more than 4, less than a million; we'll leave it there.

34 minutes ago, nixipixi said:

spam folder: twice

inbox: ALL THE TIME!!! (I'm with RevTheory1126 on this)

But really, I probably won't be able to function at all come February...:unsure:

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Checked Spam only once! Checked it once for two different email accounts... So perhaps that counts as twice.

I have my email sends me auto notifications on my phone so I don't need to actually go and check. Still, everytime I see the little email icon, I get butterflies before I open it and a bit disappointed when it turns out to be just a normal email. :(

7 hours ago, hopefulPhD2017 said:

Slackers!

Kidding. Wish I had your self-control, @GeorgeC07

I only use my institute's email server for the applications, and the main server already has a filter turning all looking-like-junk stuffs into spam box, so I don't bother checking that part. Yeah you should try reading something. It's been keeping my mind off those stuff for half a month now.

I have tried baking...great hobby (BAD for my expanding waist line):-P

I have tried reading...but I keep looking at my phone in case I get an e-mail

I have tried sports...(that works only for the duration of the workout...not efficient enough as a distraction but at least it partially counteracts the baking hobby)

I am now a little (a lot) obsessed with checking the results forum

Probably going to get fired by the end of the month if I don't start getting my act together:wacko:

I'm trying to cut back on checking but LET ME TELL YOU my mailboxes have never been so clean. I took a night last month to clean out everything in the social and promotions tabs (I used to just ignore them). That was like 30,000 emails each. Then I cleaned out the spam box. It was oddly satisfying.

Nothing like a little early spring cleaning amirite? hahaha Good luck to everyone, stay strong! You've all got this :)

Come to think about it, having checked my Spam box even though only once was definitely a nervous twitch. During this whole entire process, never has an email from a school ended up in spam but I still checked it lol

6 hours ago, DBear said:

Come to think about it, having checked my Spam box even though only once was definitely a nervous twitch. During this whole entire process, never has an email from a school ended up in spam but I still checked it lol

Sigh. Neither has mine! But still, you never know, and I have lost other genuine, important emails in my spam...

18 hours ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Specifically spam? Probably 4 times.

Email overall... too embarrassed to admit... more than 4, less than a million; we'll leave it there.

I've also checked spam 4 times. I have my email set to alert me on my phone so I rarely have to log in (although sometimes I don't get notified for emails. It's so sad when its not a POI or DGS.

I keep getting spam FROM schools. Between ETS's "information service" (I.e. Scam to sell my information to schools), alumni associations from two previous schools, and BU's School of Public Health weekly update, I get so many emails from schools that are not relevant and it's irritating. But I check my spam folder anyway, juuuuust in case. 

5 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

I keep getting spam FROM schools. Between ETS's "information service" (I.e. Scam to sell my information to schools), alumni associations from two previous schools, and BU's School of Public Health weekly update, I get so many emails from schools that are not relevant and it's irritating. But I check my spam folder anyway, juuuuust in case. 

The same happens to me due to ETS super blasting my info to schools I have no interest in (like NYU engineering, UNC Greensboro). And they are usually from the DGS with a super attention-grabbing headline.

9 hours ago, CuppyCakerton said:

I'm trying to cut back on checking but LET ME TELL YOU my mailboxes have never been so clean. I took a night last month to clean out everything in the social and promotions tabs (I used to just ignore them). That was like 30,000 emails each. Then I cleaned out the spam box. It was oddly satisfying.

Nothing like a little early spring cleaning amirite? 

What a good idea! I should get all my email boxes cleaned out. That'll keep me occupied for a bit :)

31 minutes ago, blackscholar said:

The same happens to me due to ETS super blasting my info to schools I have no interest in (like NYU engineering, UNC Greensboro). And they are usually from the DGS with a super attention-grabbing headline.

Same! NYU and Northwestern keep blasting me with their Masters in Counseling programs which I have no interest in. 

1 minute ago, stereopticons said:

Same! NYU and Northwestern keep blasting me with their Masters in Counseling programs which I have no interest in. 

Yeah, I've gotten stuff from UChicago's Harris Public Policy (which is at least somewhat interesting) and some online IR Master's programs... It's toying with my blood pressure!