Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

22 hours ago, Dialectica said:

Anyone want to claim the recent Boulder acceptance? I'd like to know whether it was a fellowship offer or not. Wondering if I should just hope for a waitlist at this point. 

Not the person who posted on the results page, but I received an offer from Boulder over the weekend. It does not appear to include a fellowship. 

They fully fund everyone for 5-6 years. A professor told me over the phone the fellowship is kinda a long-shot: it's university-wide, so I bet it's rare for even one philosophy student to win it. 

2 hours ago, Kingoftherats said:

Not the person who posted on the results page, but I received an offer from Boulder over the weekend. It does not appear to include a fellowship. 

Gotcha. Congrats! I'll be hoping for that waitlist then. 

20 hours ago, ApplyingToGradSchools said:

Anyone claiming the Queen's acceptance? If so, who contacted you and when?

43 minutes ago, PeepingThomist said:

I'm also hoping someone claims this. I applied to their PhD program but haven't heard anything yet. Probably not a good sign.

That was me. I was contacted by the Graduate Coordinator on Monday by email. Not sure if all the acceptances have been sent, but there is a waitlist.

31 minutes ago, acdc said:

That was me. I was contacted by the Graduate Coordinator on Monday by email. Not sure if all the acceptances have been sent, but there is a waitlist.

Congratulations! Would you happen to have anymore info? I'm asking for a friend who really wants to get into this program. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ApplyingToGradSchools said:

Congratulations! Would you happen to have anymore info? I'm asking for a friend who really wants to get into this program. Thanks!

Thanks! I don't have anymore info unfortunately.

1 hour ago, acdc said:

Congrats! Are you a Canadian citizen? I'm a US student and wondering if that affects the decision time. Cheers!

18 minutes ago, PeepingThomist said:

Congrats! Are you a Canadian citizen? I'm a US student and wondering if that affects the decision time. Cheers!

Thanks! Yes, I'm Canadian, but I'm not sure if that affects the decision time. Good luck!