Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

9 hours ago, LennyBound said:

I wish. Nope, I'm leaving the program with another MA (this time in HPS). If I didn't get in anywhere, I intended to stay and finish out the program. But now that I've been accepted somewhere, I'm definitely taking the MA and leaving after this semester.

Getting two PhDs, however, is not hugely uncommon. For example, Massimo Pigliucci has two, and I have a friend who (relatively) recently got a PhD in Neuroscience from MIT and afterwards got a PhD in Philosophy from NYU. She's wicked smaht. 

Yeah, I know that folks do the double PhD thing, like Massimo. For a minute I thought maybe you were getting an HPS PhD and also wanting to get a straight phil PhD, which would be novel lol.

Wow! Today has been huge so far! Hopefully still a few more decisions to come before the weekend. Perhaps a west coast program or two??

Congrats to all those accepted today and yesterday! 

1 hour ago, sleepingsusurrus said:

Awesome!! congrats!

Thanks so much, @sleepingsusurrus!!

2 hours ago, Kingoftherats said:

Syracuse University! Offer with funding. 

Congrats! I know someone there, and they really like it. I would've applied if they had a stronger EM focus.

Accepted to Calgary!!  I have a chance of staying in my land of healthcare!  I'm not shut out!  Happy day :D

Congrats! Awesome!

Edited by Turretin

5 minutes ago, matchamatcha said:

Accepted to Calgary!!  I have a chance of staying in my land of healthcare!  I'm not shut out!  Happy day :D

Congrats! I did my undergraduate and M.A. there. Feel free to PM me if you'd find the perspective of former graduate student helpful!

29 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Congrats on the Syracuse offer! 

Anybody else heard from them? 

I would also like to know this. And perhaps how many they are planning to accept if they divulged. But, at this point, I'm just hoping to be on their waitlist. 

3 hours ago, Swann said:

To the DePaul admit: had you previously had an interview? Or is this the first you heard from them?

And congrats!!

I was wondering this as well—was really hoping to hear back from them.

Congrats to those who have!

12 minutes ago, alaskanbullworm said:

Just accepted to the University of Oklahoma!!! Woohoo!

Wow you applied to 19 schools and already have gotten into the first two? Congrats!