Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

I got an email from the Purdue philosophy department to submit my official transcripts - did anybody else get this? I'm hoping that it's an auspicious sign that an acceptance is likely forthcoming.
Update: the graduate committee says they've requested transcripts from everyone who "has a middling chance of being admitted."  Wtf does that mean?  In either case, be on the lookout for that email..

1 hour ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

I got an email from the Purdue philosophy department to submit my official transcripts - did anybody else get this? I'm hoping that it's an auspicious sign that an acceptance is likely forthcoming.
Update: the graduate committee says they've requested transcripts from everyone who "has a middling chance of being admitted."  Wtf does that mean?  In either case, be on the lookout for that email..

Bahahaha I got this too. "Middling chance." Great.

you probably got in!

I was asked to submit the transcripts a couple years ago, but that was with explicit mention that I was waitlisted.

I hope that I have better than "middling" chances, given that since last time I applied, I have earned an MA in philosophy and think I have significantly improved every part of my app since then. There are few programs I applied to that I think I would have a better "fit" at. I'd gladly take it over some of the ranked programs I applied to.

2 hours ago, Turretin said:

I was asked to submit the transcripts a couple years ago, but that was with explicit mention that I was waitlisted.

I hope that I have better than "middling" chances, given that since last time I applied, I have earned an MA in philosophy and think I have significantly improved every part of my app since then. There are few programs I applied to that I think I would have a better "fit" at. I'd gladly take it over some of the ranked programs I applied to.

Have you heard anything from them this year? 

Toronto acceptances and waitlists are being released.. 
Anybody heard back?

Not me, ugh! Looking like it's not going to happen til next week, I guess...frustrating!

4 hours ago, Kingoftherats said:

Does anyone have info about those UW acceptances? Congrats to those people either way. 

This is what I'm wondering. This is my #1 choice and I'm dying to know what's going on with that.

A part of me wonders if some inattentive people were accepted to Washington University and chose UW instead. Hard to imagine three people in a row doing it, but I don't know? 

On 2/23/2017 at 2:45 PM, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

22 hours ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Have you heard anything from them this year? 

I just did today. Yippee skippy?

And now it turns out my undergrad has changed its transcript request system, including how they are charging a lot now. And won't accept the form when it is completed. zomg.

3 hours ago, Witsclaw said:

There's an NYU Philosophy Masters acceptance from Jan 19th, posted today... what's going on here? haha

I also see there's an UMSL acceptance from Jan 9th? That's strange.

4 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Anybody claiming those BU acceptances and waitlists? 

One of the acceptances belongs to my partner (who told me to post for her because she's too lazy to sign up for an account). 

EDIT: she also got a fellowship for five years' worth of funding. 

Edited by eigenname

1 hour ago, Witsclaw said:

re: NYU, maybe it's for their JD/MA or MD/MA options? Otherwise maybe they just added it to the wrong category.

That makes sense. I suspect something similar for UMSL, especially since their application deadline wasn't until Feb 15th.

Edited by jkm871