Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

Does anyone want to claim that Harvard acceptance before I post? Last year, there was another early admittance so I'm wondering if the same thing happened and/or if there have been others. Feel free to message me if you don't want to post it.

Congratulations to all others who heard yesterday (and have started hearing today)!

23 minutes ago, mano said:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Congrats! Have you started to rank the programs you've been admitted to?

Thanks! It would be hard to rank the two thus far, to be honest. They have different strengths, and that means a decision would imply the emphasis or direction my work would take. That's hard to nail down.

3 minutes ago, Turretin said:

Thanks!

Thanks! It would be hard to rank the two thus far, to be honest. They have different strengths, and that means a decision would imply the emphasis or direction my work would take. That's hard to nail down.

Spoken like someone concerned about lurking "adcoms"! ;D 

I'm wondering what the situation is with UCSD now. If they stick to what they did last year (releasing everything in 2-4 days), they may release a lot of decisions either tomorrow or on Friday.

Edited by 753982

2 hours ago, Sam Anscombe said:

Does anyone want to claim that Harvard acceptance before I post? Last year, there was another early admittance so I'm wondering if the same thing happened and/or if there have been others. Feel free to message me if you don't want to post it.

Congratulations to all others who heard yesterday (and have started hearing today)!

This has been confirmed. I have also heard that Harvard plans to start releasing acceptances tomorrow (and I will update all of the new releases the main page of the blog soon—I've only gotten the chance to update the Predictions page so far today). 

Does anyone have any further information about Boulder? I saw that the person who reported said they received their acceptance because of a fellowship. Any other details? Any indication when they will release other acceptances?

28 minutes ago, ApplyingToGradSchools said:

Woo! Congratulations :) Has your status changed online? And do you have any more information regarding the acceptance? This is so cool!

Thanks! Nothing's changed on the application website. As for more information, I got a phone call telling me I've been accepted and a little bit about funding, and then an email soon after with the official letter and a lot more information about funding. That's all the information I have :/.

14 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Does anyone have any further information about Boulder? I saw that the person who reported said they received their acceptance because of a fellowship. Any other details? Any indication when they will release other acceptances?

I am not the one who reported, but I was also accepted to Boulder with a potential fellowship! I concealed it from GradCafe because I was going to wait for the general wave so as not to distress people who hadn't been contacted yet. There was minimal info in the email though; just that I got in and might get a fellowship, basically. 

3 minutes ago, Ibycus said:

I am not the one who reported, but I was also accepted to Boulder with a potential fellowship! I concealed it from GradCafe because I was going to wait for the general wave so as not to distress people who hadn't been contacted yet. There was minimal info in the email though; just that I got in and might get a fellowship, basically. 

Nice! That's kind of you to conceal (I am now, in fact, stressed). Did they specifically mention that this was just a "first wave", so to speak, and that there would be more going out later?

3 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Nice! That's kind of you to conceal (I am now, in fact, stressed). Did they specifically mention that this was just a "first wave", so to speak, and that there would be more going out later?

I'm pretty sure they only contacted people who were nominated for the fellowship, so I think there will be more emails going out later. I don't think it was even an official offer email; it just said I had been admitted with full funding, mentioned the fellowship nomination, and said they wanted to talk over the phone, basically. Specific funding details were not given. I think they just wanted to see if I was already not interested (on the contrary I am quite interested!). 

5 hours ago, Sam Anscombe said:

This has been confirmed. I have also heard that Harvard plans to start releasing acceptances tomorrow (and I will update all of the new releases the main page of the blog soon—I've only gotten the chance to update the Predictions page so far today). 

What's the source for this?

3 minutes ago, matchamatcha said:

Also accepted to Western!!!!  From my unranked school and getting shut out last year to this - I can't even believe it.

Looks like you'll have a decision to make this time! Congrats!