Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

13 hours ago, postmodernturn said:

To whoever just got accepted to the Oregon M.A. program (I'm assuming you applied to the Ph.D. program?) do you mind if I ask whether you received any funding? Thanks :) 

No funding in my offer, just the usual clause about it possibly becoming available on a term-by-term basis 

14 hours ago, postmodernturn said:

To whoever just got accepted to the Oregon M.A. program (I'm assuming you applied to the Ph.D. program?) do you mind if I ask whether you received any funding? Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, sleepingsusurrus said:

No funding in my offer, just the usual clause about it possibly becoming available on a term-by-term basis 

Same here. I got my email last night. It makes me feel warm inside, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

8 minutes ago, axiomness said:

Has anyone heard anything from SLU? They seem to be quite behind the curve this cycle. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be asking this question...)

I heard from a grad student that they are in the process of installing a new dept. chair, and it is possible that is a reason for delay.

I hope we hear from them soon!!

Edited by Turretin

1 hour ago, Turretin said:

I heard from a grad student that they are in the process of installing a new dept. chair, and it is possible that is a reason for delay.

I hope we hear from them soon!!

I suspect they also release a little later because their application deadline isn't until February 15th. 

15 minutes ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

I suspect they also release a little later because their application deadline isn't until February 15th. 

That wound make sense except that the deadline hasn't been pushed back in recent years AFAIK, yet the prediction was Feb 27th.

In case anyone is curious, this was the reply from Rochester regarding the status of my application:

" Here's where things stand.  We haven't made a final decision about your application.  We have made a first round of offers, and we don't know yet whether they'll be accepted.  We don't have a waitlist or a numerical ranking of the applicants to whom we haven't made offers at this stage."

It went on into more personal detail which I safely assume translates to a rejection (based on the phrasing).

1 hour ago, goss said:

In case anyone is curious, this was the reply from Rochester regarding the status of my application:

" Here's where things stand.  We haven't made a final decision about your application.  We have made a first round of offers, and we don't know yet whether they'll be accepted.  We don't have a waitlist or a numerical ranking of the applicants to whom we haven't made offers at this stage."

It went on into more personal detail which I safely assume translates to a rejection (based on the phrasing).

Based on this alone, I think this is similar to the situation I am in with Irvine LPS: you are not rejected, but they *might* come up with a wait-list if enough people turn down the first round of offers, so this is some sort of possible wait-list status? But perhaps the phrasing for the remaining parts of your email confirms this more as a rejection than a possible wait-list...

45 minutes ago, ThatDeleuzeGuy said:

Just got my offer from the University of Dundee this morning! 

Congrats!!

8 hours ago, Schopenhauerfanboy said:

Hopefully we hear by the end of this week.

I bet we will!

Dear SLU admissions committee who may be reading: we appreciate the time you're taking to make sure you are making your program the best it can be. There's no rush. We just look forward to hearing back!

[/coveringallbases]

On 3/7/2017 at 10:00 AM, Nypharium said:

Same here. I got my email last night. It makes me feel warm inside, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I feel like info about funding was put ambiguously on department webpage. Had I known it was so limited I might not have applied, but still feels nice to have been accepted.

6 hours ago, Turretin said:

Dear SLU admissions committee who may be reading: we appreciate the time you're taking to make sure you are making your program the best it can be. There's no rush. We just look forward to hearing back!

[/coveringallbases]

I talked to a student in the program and he told me that their search for the new department chair has pushed everything back. They haven't even been able to look at apps yet, but they're going to start this week. Hopefully they'll send out decisions sometime between Monday-Wednesday next week.