Acceptance Thread

Duns Eith

Anyone have any information on U. of Rochester? I see there were two acceptances by phone call in the past couple days on the results page, and the PhilosophyAdmissions Wordpress blog said that they were sent out on February 10th. What should I be expecting if I have not heard anything yet? (the online application portal says my application is under review)

On 2/11/2017 at 0:55 PM, Forallex said:

I second that Q. (Wasn't expecting UPenn acceptances for a good while yet...be great if they're early.)

It's only 2 days early.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:16 PM, dgswaim said:

This is about the same time Penn notifications went out last year.

Aye.

I have unwarranted (and unprecedented) hope that the department has, unbeknownst to me, submitted my results on the Grad Cafe's database on my behalf and will notify me later in the manner stated. It would certainly be a favorable situation given that I did not hear anything from them and I would much desire to have such an offer.

Edited by Turretin

15 hours ago, Turretin said:

I have unwarranted (and unprecedented) hope that the department has, unbeknownst to me, submitted my results on the Grad Cafe's database on my behalf and will notify me later in the manner stated. It would certainly be a favorable situation given that I did not hear anything from them and I would much desire to have such an offer.

You too?! :)

5 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Whoa, can it be true? Did Madison send another acceptance *today*? If anyone has any information about this, please share. 

Not sure. I'm one of the earlier acceptances. I did however just get a personalized e-mail from Elliott Sober. He says he'd be happy to work with me, and that Shafer-Landau's work (who is returning to Madison) seems like it would be "right up your alley." 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, LennyBound said:

Not sure. I'm one of the earlier acceptances. I did however just get a personalized e-mail from Elliott Sober. He says he'd be happy to work with me, and that Shafer-Landau's work (who is returning to Madison) seems like it would be "right up your alley." 

giphy.gif

Well-placed gif right here. Well done. 

But also that's awesome. :)

11 minutes ago, SamStone said:

...a vanderbilt notification? (why does it say notified/posted Feb 14?)

I'm relatively new to this website, but I have noticed that too on other days. I think the default time zone for the website must just be somewhere in Europe or something.

31 minutes ago, goss said:

I'm relatively new to this website, but I have noticed that too on other days. I think the default time zone for the website must just be somewhere in Europe or something.

I think that the poster was from somewhere in Asia (under "status" the poster listed I for international), rather than gradcafe's default time zone being in Europe.

Edited by Kierkegaardashian

7 minutes ago, Kierkegaardashian said:

I think that the poster was from somewhere in Asia (under "status" the poster listed I for international), rather than gradcafe's default time zone being in Europe.

That would make way more sense. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Kierkegaardashian said:

8 hours ago, goss said:

8 hours ago, SamStone said:

...a vanderbilt notification? (why does it say notified/posted Feb 14?)

Australia is the most likely choice. Lots of us applying to US grad programs.