2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Holy Mary mother of God ....

I got into MIT. :blink:

Master of Science in Visual Studies in their Art, Culture and Technology Program, in the Department of Architecture.

hahaaha, I love that emoticon!! Congratulations!! "holy mary mother of god.." haha, you're funny. Have fun walking on cloud nine for the rest of the week.

Master of Science in Visual Studies in their Art, Culture and Technology Program, in the Department of Architecture.

hahaaha, I love that emoticon!! Congratulations!! "holy mary mother of god.." haha, you're funny. Have fun walking on cloud nine for the rest of the week.

Holy s**t!

A BIG congratulations!!! I guess now it doesn't matter what NYU's decision is because you've got MIT!

I'm happy for you!biggrin.gif

Has anyone interviewed at Cranbrook yet? I've heard that it's a 6-7 hour intensive process, and I'm started to get nervous! Would love to hear your thoughts if you've been through it before.

Thanks!

I got my rejection letter from the only school I applied to today (Towson University, Baltimore) so I guess I'll peace out. Congratulations to everyone who got in, and best of luck to all who are waiting to hear from your dream programs. I hope you get in. To those who didn't get in, keep your chins up. These decisions don't necessarily reflect the value of your work. Don't change for anybody. Stay true to yourself. Maybe I'll see you here next year.

Interview: Tyler, Hunter

Waiting: SVA, USC

Anyone else hear from these schools? Anyone have any idea what Tyler's interview process is like? I only know I need to give a 15 minute presentation on my work to the sculpture department. yikes.

Hey November, you interviewing for Hunter on the 20th? I assume so as they said that is the only day they do it! I'm heading over there to talk to them for photography. Don't know about Tyler but I DO know that SVA generally speaking doesn't do interviews. They send out letters at the end of this month. (probably sooner for people they really want). Hope it helps and good luck to you!

Anyone else hear from these schools? Anyone have any idea what Tyler's interview process is like? I only know I need to give a 15 minute presentation on my work to the sculpture department. yikes.

Hi November, I interviewed at SVA last week and have met a few ppl who are interviewing there this week. I'm not sure if this is standard across all departments, but they are supposed to send out final decisions between April 1 & 3.

Good luck as the next few weeks wind down, and especially with your upcoming Tyler interview!

Anyone else hear from these schools?

I had an interview with USC on Saturday. They said they would call with a decision this week.

Edited by grad_wannabe

Has anyone heard back from Cranbrook or Rutgers for Painting, or know what the timeline is?

Also, I think people were talking about interviews at SMFA a while back... Have acceptance letters already gone out? I wasn't interviewed but I haven't heard anything back and now the financial aid office wants me to send all this paperwork which seems like a waste of time if I'm already on a rejection list.

Since i applied to the same program I am curious - how did they contact you to let you know the great news?

Since i applied to the same program I am curious - how did they contact you to let you know the great news?

I received an email last night from Ute Meta Bauer, worded very nicely, something along the lines of, "Welcome! It is my pleasure to inform you, as your faculty advisor, that you have been accepted to our program..."

I got the email on my phone while I was watching the Oscars with my parents. I waited for a commercial break and then said, "Hey, guys, speaking of happy times ...." There was lots of jumping up and down and screaming and hugging. :lol:

@bubbletea: Thanks! I wish you luck too!!

I received my University of Washington (photo) rejection letter today too.

So recap:

Rejected:

SAIC

University of Washington

Accepted:

Florida State University (email coming soon regarding possibility assistantships etc)

Still Waiting:

University of Houston

Rutgers

Parsons

Hey! thanks a lot :). Well looks like no one has heard from Parsons so there is still hope there! I am from Houston originally, U of H is a very well runs school I found (did some summer language courses there once). I hope you get exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks for letting me know! I hope that it's not too late to e-mail them. When is your interview scheduled for?

I'm interviewing on 25th March. Although they asked me to interview they haven't yet sent a confirmation email of date and time that they said they will. This it seems indicates that they are still in the process of contacting and scheduling. I think it would help to write and ask. All the best!

I got accepted to Clarmont.

I'm still waiting to hear from CSULB and Otis. Has anyone heard from them yet?

I have not yet heard anything from claremont or csulb. csulb's official communication is email, so that's where I expect to hear it from. I interviewed at SAIC this weekend and it seemed to go very well.

I got a rejection letter in the mail from carnegie mellon today...very sad since I really was excited about that school, but I know they only take a really small number of students each year.

Has anyone interviewed at Cranbrook yet? I've heard that it's a 6-7 hour intensive process, and I'm started to get nervous! Would love to hear your thoughts if you've been through it before.

Thanks!

I know someone that is in the sculpture program at Cranbrook. He told me the 2d interview process is somewhat intense. It lasts about two days and you interview with the attending grad students as well as the artist in residence. He said that it is probably less intimidating than you would assume though. Good luck!

the suspense is too great...

I had an interview with Slade on 2/24... the studio space was disappointing though.

Interview with Yale 3/26

Rejected by Tyler

waiting to hear from:

RISD

Columbia

Hunter

SUNY New Paltz

eeks!

Has anyone heard back from Cranbrook or Rutgers for Painting, or know what the timeline is?

Also, I think people were talking about interviews at SMFA a while back... Have acceptance letters already gone out? I wasn't interviewed but I haven't heard anything back and now the financial aid office wants me to send all this paperwork which seems like a waste of time if I'm already on a rejection list.

Just heard got an acceptance letter today from rutgers for painting. thank god i got in somewhere!

still waiting from cca, mills, sva, and risd

just got a call from hunter today! kinda crazy since other people who applied for sculpture heard about a week ago...

Hey 000era,

Since there seem to be very few posts on here from sculpture applicants, I was wondering where you applied and where you've gotten interview requests so far.... I applied to lots of places and haven't heard from many, so I'm wondering if I've missed the boat.