Okay so I didn't actually start my graduate program yet, but I DO remember the director at my program at Queens College telling us in our anatomy class that we NEED to know the different nerves responsible for speech and phonation (X Vagus nerve, etc.). She said she vividly remembers that being covered on the Praxis 

The praxis changes regularly so don't get caught up in studying one topic profusely and not another. My version was different than many of my classmates who took it a month before I did. I reviewed material from all my classmates generally and passed fine. It's big on case study applications in addition to straightforward facts. One version might have more questions on a certain topic while another has one or none on that but a bunch on a different topic. If I had to recommend something I'd say be prepared for both eval and treatment questions, and even review undergrad stuff like hearing/speech science. Some people will study a lot and others will just go take it. Depends on your test taking ability. Definitely take a practice test if nothing else. 

I'm also curious about the Praxis test. Can I take it before attending graduate school so that I have one fewer thing to worry about? How many attempts am I allowed to take the exam before I eventually pass? If I don't pass the test while attending graduate school, can I take it after graduation? Any impact from that?

Thank you for your advices!!

Oh great topic! Someone I know mentioned they had gotten a book specifically for the PRAXIS exam (I imagine like the GRE prep books). They studied the book, and passed no problem. 

You can take the Praxis at any time.  I believe in a forum on Reddit there were some students who accidentally took it in undergrad and passed.  I have 2 Praxis Practice tests in PDF format if anyone is interested.  I can email them to you.  The closest thing to the real test as far as how it is administered is the $15-20 practice test ETS offers.  It is timed and formatted JUST like the real computer test.  

43 minutes ago, twinguy7 said:

You can take the Praxis at any time.  I believe in a forum on Reddit there were some students who accidentally took it in undergrad and passed.  I have 2 Praxis Practice tests in PDF format if anyone is interested.  I can email them to you.  The closest thing to the real test as far as how it is administered is the $15-20 practice test ETS offers.  It is timed and formatted JUST like the real computer test.  

Private messaging you my email!

2 hours ago, twinguy7 said:

Take any time is great! Can I also take as many times as possible until I pass? BTW, I also sent a PM to you my email. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, twinguy7 said:

Messaging you my email as well!!  Thank you!  :D

12 hours ago, twinguy7 said:

I also sent you a private message. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:04 PM, twinguy7 said:

Thank you! I'll PM you my email 

On 5/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, twinguy7 said:

Thank you so much! I'll PM you my email!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, twinguy7 said:

I'm going to PM you my email as well. If still available. Thanks! :) 

On 5/4/2017 at 1:04 PM, twinguy7 said:

Messaging you! Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Look on Quizlet. I took and passed my Praxis in September just fine. I only used the big praxis exam book for a class. My university did praxis crash course during a maymester. I thought I failed all of the practice tests and nah. I did fine. But really, the answers and questions from ETS are all on quizlet. When you register for the praxis you get 90 days of one set of practice tests for free. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 9:37 PM, JesP said:

Hi, I know this is a reply old thread. But I was wondering if would be able to email me the Praxis exams?

You could try TrueLearn. They sometimes have free practice exams for the PRAXIS. They have one going on now: https://content.truelearn.com/2022slp-prepathon