2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

5 minutes ago, hs2011 said:

Well, shoot.  There goes that theory.

I could be wrong. here is the email. Tell me what you think. I edited my name out.

"Dear "my name",

I'm writing to inform you that admissions decisions will be sent out the week of February 19, 2018.

Best,

Jessie Eastman

Graduate Program Coordinator

Department of Political Science"

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Midwest_PoliNERD said:

I could be wrong. here is the email. Tell me what you think. I edited my name out.

"Dear "my name",

I'm writing to inform you that admissions decisions will be sent out the week of February 19, 2018.

Best,

Jessie Eastman

Thoughts?

To me, the theory that they are simply letting students know they're going to be later than previous years seems the most likely. I'm sure they know that we all look at previous dates for our expectations, and I'm also sure that the phone calls and emails that some graduates send trying to get details on decision dates annoy them.

I didn't apply there, but to me it's just them giving people a friendly heads up to not expect any word over the next few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Midwest_PoliNERD said:

"Dear "my name",

Best,

Jessie Eastman

Thoughts?

Everyone got the same email.

P.S. Jessie is a really nice lady. I had some issues with my application and she was very helpful. I'm assuming she just wanted to keep everyone updated about the process. From my limited personal interaction, I can safely assume the email was sent out to everyone.

6 minutes ago, skhann said:

Everyone got the same email.

6 minutes ago, Hamb said:

To me, the theory that they are simply letting students know they're going to be later than previous years seems the most likely. I'm sure they know that we all look at previous dates for our expectations, and I'm also sure that the phone calls and emails that some graduates send trying to get details on decision dates annoy them.

I didn't apply there, but to me it's just them giving people a friendly heads up to not expect any word over the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, hs2011 said:

Yep - same one for me too.  I agree then, they're just letting people know the timeline, which is helpful.

That's good to know. Thanks everyone!

8 minutes ago, skhann said:

P.S. Jessie is a really nice lady. I had some issues with my application and she was very helpful. I'm assuming she just wanted to keep everyone updated about the process. From my limited personal interaction, I can safely assume the email was sent out to everyone.

I applied and I received nothing. Should I worry about it?

7 minutes ago, skhann said:

Everyone got that email I assume. There might have been some delay on some email servers.

You can tell by the salutation that it was a mass email.

"Dear First Name Last Name." Not just "Dear First Name." If an email was meant to be sent to one person, the salutation would likely have only contained that person's first name.

Edited by deutsch1997bw

6 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

You can tell by the salutation that it was a mass email.

"Dear First Name Last Name." Not just "Dear First Name." If an email was meant to be sent to one person, the salutation would likely have only contained the his or her first name.

Wow what a great detective, impressive reasoning!

I actually think there might be a technical issue with the admissions page. I've tried to post my UC Irvine admit on both my phone and laptop and the image thingy doesn't show up. Still seems like a quiet Monday though. I have an interview later today, but not a whole lot else.

Slow news day.