2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

15 minutes ago, skhann said:

Their deadline was Jan. 15. Did you get that email before that or afterwards?

I got it before the deadline. It started by reminding me deadline is 5 days away.

1 hour ago, toad1 said:

Very strange..... keep us updated. Good luck to all who may be hearing back from Duke soon!

I can claim a Duke acceptance now. Admission letter and FA updated on applicant portal. Did not post on results page.

Edited by BobBobBob

43 minutes ago, MagChiAki said:

Still didn‘t hear from Emory. Neither Admission nor Rejection. Should I still pin my hope on it or take that as a Rejection?

Maybe also take Northwestern as a rejection since nothing received.

I'm also still waiting on Emory. Trying to convince myself that that doesn't mean bad news.

Also waiting on Austin, UCSD and UCLA at some point soon, but trying not to obsessively check for updates.

One admit and a waitlist so far, which takes some of the stress off.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:04 PM, buckinghamubadger said:

So University of Washington apparently sent out interview requests today and I didn't get one. I'm wondering if I should be worried. I am unlikely to go to Washington because of funding reasons (living in Seattle on 20K a year does not sound fun), and I already have another offer at Missouri (with roughly the same funding to live in Columbia where my dollars would go about twice as far), but I'm worried that it could be indicative of bad news to come. If I can't get into Washington (where I am a good fit by the way) what chance do I have at Michigan, Princeton and WashU? 

It's probably irrational, as my professors in my MA program stressed to me that there is a lot of randomness in the process, but I can't help but feel a little worried. I'd happily go to Mizzou, but I hope to get other offers and see what else is on the table.

Hello! Current MA student at Mizzou in Art History - which program have you been accepted to here? Sorry if you've already stated this. If so, I haven't been able to find it. Would happily give you advice on the state of the University (financially, politically, etc.) - as well as info on housing and the area. 

3 minutes ago, CandyCanes said:

Did those who heard from Duke get an email asking them to login to the portal? Haven't heard anything from them either.

Have you checked your portal? I went ahead and checked my portall before any email came, and saw a new button for view decision. Email came couple hours later

1 hour ago, cpmethods said:

Have you checked your portal? I went ahead and checked my portall before any email came, and saw a new button for view decision. Email came couple hours later

Having a hard time creating a Onelink account, so I guess I'll just wait until the email comes before going through the hassle of calling IT.

21 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Can some enterprising go-getter email/call em and corroborate these admits? The "results" page on this website is 50% BS hehe.

50% is likely a massive understatement

5 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

I am starting to worry that a trend is developing for me.

Can't have that mindset in January--it's a long application process and you never know how things will turn out.

I’m still waiting on IU-Bloomington, ND, UVa, GSU, CUNY & Delaware after 1 rejection (GWU) and 1 non-funded admission (Rutgers). I know most of the schools I’ve applied to will probably not make decisions before mid-February, but the waiting is indeed driving me nuts. Good luck to all of you out there.

6 minutes ago, csantamir said:

I’m still waiting on IU-Bloomington, ND, UVa, GSU, CUNY & Delaware after 1 rejection (GWU) and 1 non-funded admission (Rutgers). I know most of the schools I’ve applied to will probably not make decisions before mid-February, but the waiting is indeed driving me nuts. Good luck to all of you out there.

Rutgers announced? where can I check? via Email or portal?