2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

2 minutes ago, Nicholashjbc said:

Anyone hear back from Princeton? Historically, now it's the time for those who are admitted to receive the informal emails... 

I think they are done with the acceptances.. I am crossing it off my list and expecting the rejection probably in 1-2 days

5 minutes ago, Nicholashjbc said:

Anyone hear back from Princeton? Historically, now it's the time for those who are admitted to receive the informal emails... 

4 minutes ago, cpmethods said:

I think they are done with the acceptances.. I am crossing it off my list and expecting the rejection probably in 1-2 days

Thanks...I just wonder anyone with political theory subfield got admitted here

2 hours ago, diter91 said:

Where are they on your list? I'm finding it difficult to compare them with American schools

Those are excellent schools. However, I'd choose a school located in the USA. 

11 minutes ago, Applesandbananas said:

I got an email saying I’m waitlisted at Princeton, and they usually make acceptances off the waitlist close to April 15.

People get off the waitlist every year, keep positive and good luck!

4 minutes ago, ComparativeStreak said:

To distract a little from the results crush - what are people's areas of research interest within their sub-field? I'm Middle Eastern Politics and Democratization

Chinese-MENA relations and neoclassical realist theory. I'm in IR.

Guessing I've been rejected from Princeton now. Officially I'm at 0a/1w/3r/7p, but assuming a northwestern and princeton rejection now. This is my second cycle. I have no idea what I'll do if I get rejected from all my apps again. I started a second MA after being rejected the first round; I can't do another.

Sorry, can't get over the results crush XD

18 minutes ago, ComparativeStreak said:

To distract a little from the results crush - what are people's areas of research interest within their sub-field? I'm Middle Eastern Politics and Democratization

Immigration/ethnic politics and political behavior (voting and representation) with a geographical focus on Western Europe

Well, after seemingly being the first person accepted to two midteir programs (Mizzou and UCI), the first person interviewed at another good one (Notre Dame) and quite possibly the first person accepted to a PhD program in Political Science in the entire country (Jan. 12), I was dreaming that I could run the table. At this hour, it does not seem that will be the case.  Nonetheless, I feel like Princeton was the worst fit for me and my interests of the three top programs I applied to (WashU and Michigan being the other two). Of course I wish I had gotten in, but I'm still hopeful about the rest of this cycle.

Congrats to all those who got accepted!

22 minutes ago, ComparativeStreak said:

I'm in AP. Racial politics and public law are my main interests