2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

2 minutes ago, Applesandbananas said:

Thanks. The Austin email was personalized from the chair of the comparative politics field, so there's a good chance that acceptances are still coming out.

Congrats! How long ago did you receive the email?

2 minutes ago, Applesandbananas said:

Thanks. The Austin email was personalized from the chair of the comparative politics field, so there's a good chance that acceptances are still coming out.

I'm in the IR field so hopefully, admissions are staggered. You basically have an admits list about the same status as the Avengers so that's always good to have!

1 hour ago, PoliSci-freak said:

Would you mind telling us when you heard from UW-S and if it came from a POI/Grad Chair/program coordinator?

I received an email about 5 hours ago from the graduate program assistant. I’d also had POIs reach out prior to the email. Although, I have no insight into where they are in sending out acceptances.

3 minutes ago, Applesandbananas said:

I received an email about 5 hours ago from the graduate program assistant. I’d also had POIs reach out prior to the email. Although, I have no insight into where they are in sending out acceptances.

Thanks, that is helpful. Congrats!

To those wondering about UW-S, my interpretation of this is that all their admit decisions were sent by the grad program assistant today (I was informed they would all be sent by Friday by an internal source). If you didn't hear from them, like myself, you're prob waitlisted, or rejected, just to be realistic...

4 minutes ago, displaynamehere said:

Admitted to Duke and UCSD, wondering why no email from NYU :(

Congrats on the admits! Duke and UCSD are great programs and you should be proud. Also, unless you've gotten a rejection email don't count yourself out for NYU just yet.. you never know.