2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

3 hours ago, sbs2018 said:

Still no acceptances posted for U Chicago....I thought they would go out today. I suppose it is only 1pm. 

As did I... I’m not even checking my personal email until seeing the first acceptance posted, just to be prepared. I may even wait until after the Social Thought posts start coming in... 

Past 5 PM on the East Coast and no interview request from UPenn. Choosing to believe this is because my application is so solid (ha!) and my fit is so great that they don't need one. 

Actually, I'm freaking out a bit but y'know. Trying to be optimistic. I have a few acceptances which is...much better than I ever expected I would do. I thought I would only be accepted by my alma mater and have an inbox full of 8 rejections.

Still, UPenn is really a great all around fit school for me (great location for my partner, decent housing prices, potential advisors who share my research interests). Hope that I get it as an option to consider.

55 minutes ago, megabee said:

Past 5 PM on the East Coast and no interview request from UPenn. Choosing to believe this is because my application is so solid (ha!) and my fit is so great that they don't need one. 

Same here; let's not lose hope ?

Wow. Long-time lurker. Went through last year's app cycle (with no success in the US) and ended up in a (good) non-US programme instead. Went through the cycle again this year. Almost lost hope and got a Duke offer, a Princeton rejection, and an NYU offer all within the space of two hours this evening. I'll need a few days to let this settle. I may actually move country and start a new programme, with rigorous quantitative training! Currently at 2a/0/1r, 4 pending (with Berkeley another presumptive rejection). I'm just incredibly relieved it worked out on the second try. 

8 minutes ago, Dirichlet said:

Wow. Long-time lurker. Went through last year's app cycle (with no success in the US) and ended up in a (good) non-US programme instead. Went through the cycle again this year. Almost lost hope and got a Duke offer, a Princeton rejection, and an NYU offer all within the space of two hours this evening. I'll need a few days to let this settle. I may actually move country and start a new programme, with rigorous quantitative training! Currently at 2a/0/1r, 4 pending (with Berkeley another presumptive rejection). I'm just incredibly relieved it worked out on the second try. 

On behalf of all your GC friends from last cycle: Congratulations, sir! :) 

12 minutes ago, Dirichlet said:

Congrats! Did you get the Duke email just now or earlier if you don’t mind me asking?

16 minutes ago, izmir said:

Okay so that means they are still sending out admission offers. Thanks for sharing that ?

I should perhaps point out that there may have been an admin reason for the delay. Without wanting to go into detail, a part of the application took a little longer to be processed. That's not to say they aren't still sending out more offers, though!

3 hours ago, deutsch1997bw said:

Any chance that we will hear from Texas today still?

2 hours ago, izmir said:

Somebody said yesterday Texas might announce today but no news ?

That was me. Sorry, I only heard from a faculty member that they were going to be making decisions today. I really have no idea when they plan to release the results of those decisions. 

I'm anxious to know if I got in too.