Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

2 hours ago, lilchow said:

I haven't heard anything from any school... I am starting to get nervous. I applied to 10 Stats PhD programs. anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat. I applied to 13, no result yet. Most likely rejection from CMU tho they seem to have sent all the acceptance. Hopefully it's going to get better soon.

38 minutes ago, Radon-Nikodym said:

Got an email from Berkeley to check the status of my application... and there was an acceptance letter waiting for me!!! I'm in disbelief right now.

BIG CONGRATS!!

So, what program did you apply to? Cuz I'm also waiting for Berkeley, though they told me to expect the result from mid-Feb to early-March.

12 minutes ago, realllllJulia said:

BIG CONGRATS!!

So, what program did you apply to? Cuz I'm also waiting for Berkeley, though they told me to expect the result from mid-Feb to early-March.

Thanks! I applied to the Statistics program at Berkeley. 

Edited by Radon-Nikodym

1 hour ago, Radon-Nikodym said:

Got an email from Berkeley to check the status of my application... and there was an acceptance letter waiting for me!!! I'm in disbelief right now.

Congratulations!! :D

Guys, help me with interpreting this email:

"Thank you for submitting your application to the School of Sciences. We would like to extend an offer of admission however your application is missing your official TOEFL score report from ETS. "

Forget about the TOEFL, I will sort it out. Does that mean that they will make me an offer of admission? I am literally dumb right now and I just want to clarify it :P

1 hour ago, Radon-Nikodym said:

Congratulations Radon-Nikodym! Fellow applicant here without anything yet, finger crossed

34 minutes ago, TheStLucas said:

Guys, help me with interpreting this email:

"Thank you for submitting your application to the School of Sciences. We would like to extend an offer of admission however your application is missing your official TOEFL score report from ETS. "

Forget about the TOEFL, I will sort it out. Does that mean that they will make me an offer of admission? I am literally dumb right now and I just want to clarify it :P

Sounds like it!

On 2018/2/7 at 12:51 AM, sherrycoco said:

How is the interview going? Would you mind sharing some details on what is talked about?

Self introduction at first, and talked about my undergraduate research experience, programming skills and research interest.  My interviewer said they do not usually take undergrads into PhD program, so it's highly likely I will be offered MS admission, possibly with funding. The main intention of the interview is to learn if I will be suitable for GSRA.

21 hours ago, swimlala said:

I'm in the same boat!! Going crazy. I also applied to CSU... I don't understand how people are already hearing things from them.. Deadline was only 7 days ago.

I know!! How is that possible??! It's driving me crazy, but I just need one school to accept me.  Glad there are others going through the same anxiety. haha. 

18 minutes ago, bayessays said:

Are other people still waiting on U Chicago PhD decisions? I think it's interesting that they've sent out both acceptances and rejections but others are still waiting to hear. 

Historical data suggests they release in waves. Not sure what, if anything, determines who falls in what wave.

I was rejected from UChicago’s PhD back in January, but last night I received an admit to their Masters.

Don't lose hope!

Edited by wildUNCfan