Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

@ileeminati Probably not.  I think they have a huge unofficial waitlist that they put everyone on and once their spots fill with people accepting the offer they start sending out rejections based on past results.  They have basically a rolling system on whether you made the priority deadline of 12/1 or not from my understanding

On 1/19/2018 at 8:06 PM, realllllJulia said:

Yeah, next week can be so exciting that this weekend is harder than ever. I'll try my best to mute both fora I refresh all the time this weekend. Even giving it a thought freaks me out. I'll try Netflix, and do some reading if possible. Else I will "Keep calm and HIT F5"

If you like sci-fi and mystery checkout Altered Carbon. It's been a fun watch so far

7 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

For the Johns Hopkins biostats PhD, if you haven't been invited for an interview yet, is it safe to say you're not admitted?

That's what I'm assuming

Edited by biostat314

5 minutes ago, Catsharknado said:

I just checked Wolverine Access and was told I've been recommended for admissions for the Biostatistics M.S. at U of M. They said I'll get an email in the next 10 days. Check your status people! :)

Congratulations! Did you see it under 'Application Status'?

4 hours ago, Cal1gula said:

@GoPackGo89 Have you received any communication from Vanderbilt as to when the results will be out?

No. My friend is attending their visit weekend so I will let you know what they say.

1 hour ago, Catsharknado said:

Yep. Another linked showed up that said "View Admission Recommendation" below the "View Application Data" and "View Credentials".

You applied directly to the masters program, is that correct? Also a big congrats! That was your top choice?

@biostat314 A friend of a friend was accepted to the masters fast track (after applying to the PhD) and their application status has not changed which is why I ask Catdog what program he applied to

Edited by GoPackGo89

2 hours ago, Catsharknado said:

I just checked Wolverine Access and was told I've been recommended for admissions for the Biostatistics M.S. at U of M. They said I'll get an email in the next 10 days. Check your status people! :)

Congrats! I will reason that I either got waitlisted or rejected haha.

1 hour ago, GoPackGo89 said:

No. My friend is attending their visit weekend so I will let you know what they say.

You applied directly to the masters program, is that correct? Also a big congrats! That was your top choice?

@biostat314 A friend of a friend was accepted to the masters fast track (after applying to the PhD) and their application status has not changed which is why I ask Catdog what program he applied to

I applied directly to the MS. It is my top choice!

Edited by Catsharknado

For everyone's information: 

I mailed UT austin committee to understand the status of my application and also to get an idea of the timeline of decisions. They have informed that all the decisions will be finalised and uploaded on the portal by the first week of March. 

Edited by BStat

8 hours ago, BStat said:

For everyone's information: 

I mailed UT austin committee to understand the status of my application and also to get an idea of the timeline of decisions. They have informed that all the decisions will be finalised and uploaded on the portal by the first week of March. 

great news! Thank you for keeping up posted.

Is that stats or biostats? PhD or MS? In case you're talking about PhD in Stats, @Bayesian1701 heard from them already... she's from TX IIRC, wonder if that has something to do ?

1 hour ago, BayesianLove said:

great news! Thank you for keeping up posted.

Is that stats or biostats? PhD or MS? In case you're talking about PhD in Stats, @Bayesian1701 heard from them already... she's from TX IIRC, wonder if that has something to do ?

Hey. Was talking about PhD statistics. I mailed them last week to know the status where they informed me that they are still in process of reviewing the applications and expect to post the results on their portals by the first week of March.