Fall 2018 I/O Psy

1 hour ago, HarpAR said:

To the person who was waitlisted by UGA, would you mind letting me know if you reached out and asked about your status or if you were just sent an email? Thank you and best of luck moving forward! 

I am also curious of how you found out, thanks!

Michigan State's visitation weekend is St. Patrick's' Day weekend. Not sure about interview weekend because I was accepted without an interview.

Penn State's interview weekend is Feb 15-17.

I found out about my waitlist status at UGA when my POI emailed me.

Hope that answers everyone's questions!

If anyone heard from USF or any Florida schools, please post on here and let me know! I haven't heard anything.

20 minutes ago, hummingbirds said:

Michigan State's visitation weekend is St. Patrick's' Day weekend. Not sure about interview weekend because I was accepted without an interview.

If anyone heard from USF or any Florida schools, please post on here and let me know! I haven't heard anything.

Did you hear about Penn State from people who have already gotten invites? Just curious if they had started sending invites already. 

2 hours ago, hummingbirds said:

I applied to UCF, and have yet to hear anything. It's still pretty early though, so I wouldn't be too worried about a lack of communication from them.

3 hours ago, hummingbirds said:

Thanks for your reply! Would you mind DMing me or posting your POI at UGA? 

3 hours ago, hummingbirds said:

Do you know how long ago Penn State sent interview invites?

My goal during this process is not to receive a rejection. I don't need to be accepted anywhere, I just don't want to be rejected. I want act like I just gave them the wrong email. Penn state must've got the emailed someone else...:(

37 minutes ago, tb77 said:

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from a single school yet? :unsure:

I've yet to hear back from any I/O programs, beyond UMD (SDOS) where I was wait-listed. Don't lose faith. Not saying I'm a good baseline but at least you're not alone. 

3 hours ago, Wanting to be a grad said:

Has anyone heard back from Ontario universities (e.g. Waterloo, Western, Guelph)? 

Hey! I'm a Canadian applicant as well, and I also haven't heard from any of the Canadian public universities I applied to, namely Waterloo, Western, Guelph, and Saint Mary's. I emailed Waterloo about a week and half ago, and they said that they were still in the process of reviewing applications but expected to be done relatively soon. Given the "relatively soon," they may have already out a few interview offers, but let's hope that's not the case. Saint Mary's department said that they would be sending out admission decisions in February. In regards to Guelph, I was short-listed by the department last year, and was only emailed on January 30th to schedule an interview. So there's definitely still hope for Guelph. I haven't heard anything from Western, unfortunately. Let me know if you get any news from the aforementioned universities! Good luck!

21 minutes ago, Fallen_Pheonix said:

Hey! I'm a Canadian applicant as well, and I also haven't heard from any of the Canadian public universities I applied to, namely Waterloo, Western, Guelph, and Saint Mary's. I emailed Waterloo about a week and half ago, and they said that they were still in the process of reviewing applications but expected to be done relatively soon. Given the "relatively soon," they may have already out a few interview offers, but let's hope that's not the case. Saint Mary's department said that they would be sending out admission decisions in February. In regards to Guelph, I was short-listed by the department last year, and was only emailed on January 30th to schedule an interview. So there's definitely still hope for Guelph. I haven't heard anything from Western, unfortunately. Let me know if you get any news from the aforementioned universities! Good luck!

I actually just got short-listed for Western today! Good luck to you also. 

5 hours ago, PsychYouOut said:

Did anyone apply to any Masters programs? If so, have you heard back at all? I'm particularly interested if SDSU has sent out anything because their application deadline was December 15.

I applied to only masters and have so far only heard back from University of Tulsa (accepted mid Jan). I'm also waiting on SDSU and have no idea when they begin to reach out. Do you know if they do interviews?

8 hours ago, tb77 said:

Am I the only one who hasn't heard from a single school yet? :unsure:

I've only heard back from one, and they did things fairly early this year. Everything else has been silence- I'm trying not to give up hope because it is technically still early! 

4 hours ago, hippyresearcher said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Oklahoma? I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from them...

I haven't, but I also am really hoping they send out things soon. Could you DM me your POI?