SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

4 hours ago, JimBob1 said:

Yeah, still no acknowledgement on my end either (i'm from UoT). Those of you who have/have not heard back yet . . . what unis are you from?

had it. concordia.

I received no acknowledgment e-mail however I received a physical e-mail from my institution (Carleton). Mine was send to the national level and now I apparently wait until end-of-March for the results. Great, more anxiety just like the Vanier. :'(

8 hours ago, CrazyPugLady said:

I received no acknowledgment e-mail however I received a physical e-mail from my institution (Carleton). Mine was send to the national level and now I apparently wait until end-of-March for the results. Great, more anxiety just like the Vanier. :'(

SSHRC results are at the end of March? not April?

2 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

SSHRC results are at the end of March? not April?

I think the universities themselves usually get the results faster than the applicants, but I thought this was still happening in April. 

12 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

I think the universities themselves usually get the results faster than the applicants, but I thought this was still happening in April. 

My letter said end of March (near April) timeline. 

From experience I've found out my status on some stuff in my institution faster than my peers at other universities. I don't know if it's just my department or what.

1 hour ago, CrazyPugLady said:

My letter said end of March (near April) timeline. 

From experience I've found out my status on some stuff in my institution faster than my peers at other universities. I don't know if it's just my department or what.

SSHRC will tell you at the end of March/near April or you have to ask your university?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

When are SSHRC doctoral results usually out?

In previous years, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd week of April, but I think the schools may hear back before. The year I won, I applied as a direct applicant and didn't hear anything until I got my letter (around April 25; letter was dated April 20th). 

5 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

In previous years, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd week of April, but I think the schools may hear back before. The year I won, I applied as a direct applicant and didn't hear anything until I got my letter (around April 25; letter was dated April 20th). 

around when would you suggest asking the schools? beginning of April?

I'm a direct applicant - received a letter informing me that my application won't be sent to the national competition :( Not ideal, but I was accepted into all the US programs I applied to with full funding. SSHRC would have just been icing on the cake! I'm also relieved that I won't be stressing about results for the next two months. Until next year, folks!

3 hours ago, smallaxe said:

I'm a direct applicant - received a letter informing me that my application won't be sent to the national competition :( Not ideal, but I was accepted into all the US programs I applied to with full funding. SSHRC would have just been icing on the cake! I'm also relieved that I won't be stressing about results for the next two months. Until next year, folks!

Sorry to hear about the outcome @smallaxe, but glad that this won't inhibit you from pursuing your program. Would you mind sharing where you are located and the date of the letter? And does the letter offer stats about how many applications were received/forwarded? Many thanks.

9 hours ago, smallaxe said:

If you are applying to phd programs this cycle, were you even eligible to enter?