SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

5 hours ago, Old Rene said:

My Researchnet Vanier app still says "In Peer Review". Does anyone have any other statuses?

no, still in peer review; results are out March 30

Thanks, thought I'd ask, even though I knew that patience would be the answer. Also, my regular SSHRC app (which my institution selected for forwarding to the national competition) seems to have disappeared from my SSHRC portal (i.e. it  there's nothing in my "Portfolio"). I wrote the info address to ask if this was normal and was told that "After a period of time the older forms and submitted forms are removed from profile". Anyone else experience this?

22 minutes ago, Old Rene said:

Thanks, thought I'd ask, even though I knew that patience would be the answer. Also, my regular SSHRC app (which my institution selected for forwarding to the national competition) seems to have disappeared from my SSHRC portal (i.e. it  there's nothing in my "Portfolio"). I wrote the info address to ask if this was normal and was told that "After a period of time the older forms and submitted forms are removed from profile". Anyone else experience this?

yup it disappeared for me as well

I think it's because at this point it's all hard copy 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Old Rene said:

With the holiday tomorrow, results today we think? Or Tuesday?

likely Tuesday because the Vanier website was recently updated and now says "Early April 2018"

10 minutes ago, _Dreamer_ said:

The only way to find out is through receiving regular mail, no? In that case it'll take a few days..

isn't it supposed to be late April anyway?

7 minutes ago, _Dreamer_ said:

The only way to find out is through receiving regular mail, no? In that case it'll take a few days..

SSHRC sends its results out by regular mail, and they are expected sometime in April, though in past years it has been late and results only released in May or later.

The Vanier GCS has a SSHRC stream and these applications are announced online. For the Vanier results were originally going to be released by the end of March, but now the Vanier website says the results will be released in early April. So hopefully the Vanier is announced in the next week and the SSHRC comes by the end of the month, but until the results are released there may be further delays.

I thought that they mail the SSHRC results on April 1st so we should see them soon. Anyway, I guess we'll see, I was just hoping that I'll get the results this week.

20 minutes ago, _Dreamer_ said:

I thought that they mail the SSHRC results on April 1st so we should see them soon. Anyway, I guess we'll see, I was just hoping that I'll get the results this week.

last year it was much later

This has probably already been asked but does anyone know when in April we should hear back? Also, if we applied through an institution how will the decision be communicated to us (i.e., online, via email, through our department?). Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Plunk said:

This has probably already been asked but does anyone know when in April we should hear back? Also, if we applied through an institution how will the decision be communicated to us (i.e., online, via email, through our department?). Thanks! 

we will probably know at the end of April via regular mail

apparently your university knows before you and they might share the results with you ahead of time

I was feeling super chill and not anywhere as stressed out as I was with grad school decisions, but then I saw this tweet. *enter anxiety*

I'm hoping my school takes pity on me and lets me know before I get the notification via Canada Post... 

Hope everyone is doing well! Sending y'all positive vibes! 

6 hours ago, Caravaggista said:

I was feeling super chill and not anywhere as stressed out as I was with grad school decisions, but then I saw this tweet. *enter anxiety*

I'm hoping my school takes pity on me and lets me know before I get the notification via Canada Post... 

Hope everyone is doing well! Sending y'all positive vibes! 

huh? institutions already know the results?!

also it's a scholarship, not a grant

Edited by PsychBoy

18 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

huh? institutions already know the results?!

also it's a scholarship, not a grant

I'm pretty sure that by "doctoral graduate SSHRC research grant" the poster means one of the doctoral SSHRC scholarships unless SSHRC offers another kind of grants that I'm not aware of? Perhaps the tweet was about a CGS-M, the results of which were announced on April 1st. 

29 minutes ago, Caravaggista said:

I'm pretty sure that by "doctoral graduate SSHRC research grant" the poster means one of the doctoral SSHRC scholarships unless SSHRC offers another kind of grants that I'm not aware of? Perhaps the tweet was about a CGS-M, the results of which were announced on April 1st. 

yeah I know they meant a scholarship 

they wrote doctoral so it's unlikely the CGS-M?

1 hour ago, PsychBoy said:

yeah I know they meant a scholarship 

they wrote doctoral so it's unlikely the CGS-M?

I wish I had answers to these questions, but alas all I have is flaring anxiety following this tweet. 

If that tweet was about the doctoral SSHRCs, that prof can get in big trouble. The results are under an embargo until SSHRC makes the formal announcement. You're not supposed to publicly announce your success before the formal list goes out by SSHRC (I think we're ok here though since it's anonymous). 

Definitely starting to get nervous. Our mailboxes are assigned but there's no lock so anyone can access them. Does anyone happen to know where they'll post the results online, in case my mail is misplaced?

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

If that tweet was about the doctoral SSHRCs, that prof can get in big trouble. The results are under an embargo until SSHRC makes the formal announcement. You're not supposed to publicly announce your success before the formal list goes out by SSHRC (I think we're ok here though since it's anonymous). 

my exact thoughts! you're not supposed to say anything publicly!

1 hour ago, YuzuCat said:

Definitely starting to get nervous. Our mailboxes are assigned but there's no lock so anyone can access them. Does anyone happen to know where they'll post the results online, in case my mail is misplaced?

lol that's why I put my home address 

it's probably going to be over the summer of 2018 on the SSHRC website