SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

5 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

They know. The awards person at my school just sent me an email saying I got the scholarship. 

AHHHHH Congrats!! Is this the awards office for your psych department or for your whole uni? (figuring out who to actually email)

Hi all, my university just emailed me (I didn't contact them) telling me I was "selected as a recipient of a prestigious SSHRC doctoral scholarship." So for sure universities know! 

I'm not sure whether it is the CGS or the SSHRC, but either way I am super excited! Best of luck everyone!

6 minutes ago, Caravaggista said:

Hi all, my university just emailed me (I didn't contact them) telling me I was "selected as a recipient of a prestigious SSHRC doctoral scholarship." So for sure universities know! 

I'm not sure whether it is the CGS or the SSHRC, but either way I am super excited! Best of luck everyone!

I emailed them back asking which one it is lol

8 minutes ago, Caravaggista said:

Which uni are you at?

For those of you who have heard back from your university, what did your universities say when you were forwarded to the federal competition? Asking because my email specifically said "SSHRC will mail you results" so I'm hesitant to bother them because they were pretty clear about it. Thanks!

So annoying! The Graduate Awards officer at our school is away on holiday until next week!!!

I tried emailing others in the graduate affairs and they said I'd have to wait for her. :(:(

I am anxious to know if I got a letter today. I am in Ottawa. This is killing me because I'd definitely have to wait until next week!!!!

Edited by CrazyPugLady

6 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

So annoying! The Graduate Awards officer at our school is away on holiday until next week!!!

I tried emailing others in the graduate affairs and they said I'd have to wait for her. :(:(

That's tough--what uni are you at?

17 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

I emailed them back asking which one it is lol

It doesn't matter much in my case since I'm taking the award to the U.S., so either way I will end up with the SSHRC fellowship! 

@UnlikelyGrad4 my university also said "sshrc will mail the results" and that further communication should be with SSHRC, but the university's School of graduate studies sent me the email anyway, so it's worth a shot!

5 minutes ago, JimBob1 said:

This is getting crazy--my heart won't stop beating! Anyone heard back at University of Toronto?

Haven't heard from UofT!! (just emailed) My heart also is beating too quickly for comfort... AH!

5 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

I got a replied back. She specified that i got the JOSEPH-ARMAND BOMBARDIER! For those one the waitlist, I will be declining the scholarship because I got the Vanier. Hope this can help!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Look at you, superstar!

Congrats to you. You could at least put on your CV you declined that. ;)

7 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

I got a replied back. She specified that i got the JOSEPH-ARMAND BOMBARDIER! For those one the waitlist, I will be declining the scholarship because I got the Vanier. Hope this can help!

GOOD LUCK!!!

omigosh! complete superstar!

8 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Amazing, congrats!