SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

15 minutes ago, eternallyephemeral said:

Congrats! I'm supposed to hear back today, nothing yet though.

Probably by 5 pm...let me know once your hear back! Good luck!

5 hours ago, eternallyephemeral said:

Unfortunately yes : (

If anyone else at Western has heard back, I'd love to know. Can't tell if I didn't hear anything because I didn't make it, or because they didn't notify anyone.

I was told that people who were rejected knew by the time the break started (otherwise you wouldn't hear anything). You can always check your status on the student center under "Finances" (the "Graduate External Scholarship" link) and that would be updated even if they haven't gotten around to sending emails yet.

Best of luck!

10 hours ago, Oshawott said:

I was told that people who were rejected knew by the time the break started (otherwise you wouldn't hear anything). You can always check your status on the student center under "Finances" (the "Graduate External Scholarship" link) and that would be updated even if they haven't gotten around to sending emails yet.

Best of luck!

Cool thanks! My department administrator said I would hear something this time if I made it through, whereas if I didn't hear anything last round (from the department to the university level), that meant I did make it through. That switch was very confusing!

I just checked the Grad External Scholarship link (thanks for that!) but I didn't see anything for the doctoral scholarship (only my masters applications from this past year and the year before). Is the doctoral SSHRC supposed to show up there?

4 hours ago, eternallyephemeral said:

Cool thanks! My department administrator said I would hear something this time if I made it through, whereas if I didn't hear anything last round (from the department to the university level), that meant I did make it through. That switch was very confusing!

I just checked the Grad External Scholarship link (thanks for that!) but I didn't see anything for the doctoral scholarship (only my masters applications from this past year and the year before). Is the doctoral SSHRC supposed to show up there?

Its supposed to show all scholarships that you applied for regardless of whether its successful or not. It could be that the school's been slower updating it this year? People only knew right before the break last year so it could be that they're not sending it until after the break this time.

19 hours ago, Oshawott said:

Its supposed to show all scholarships that you applied for regardless of whether its successful or not. It could be that the school's been slower updating it this year? People only knew right before the break last year so it could be that they're not sending it until after the break this time.

Yeah that's possible, I'll check with someone else in my cohort.

I do remember my administrator telling me that people only heard on the last day before the break, so I may have to wait (which is fine). Thanks!

Does anyone have a second to explain this process to a noob?  I got an email from SSHRC that says "acknowledgement of application."   Does that mean anything?  This is the first I've heard from anyone since applying.  I'm a little behind the curve on applying for these national scholarships because I wasn't eligible until right before the deadline at my school.   Do I have it right that each school you're currently attending has a quota and they pass X number of applications on to the national competition?  If so, then what?  

Edited by Piagetsky

5 hours ago, Piagetsky said:

Does anyone have a second to explain this process to a noob?  I got an email from SSHRC that says "acknowledgement of application."   Does that mean anything?  This is the first I've heard from anyone since applying.  I'm a little behind the curve on applying for these national scholarships because I wasn't eligible until right before the deadline at my school.   Do I have it right that each school you're currently attending has a quota and they pass X number of applications on to the national competition?  If so, then what?  

They've received your application at the national level and are now reviewing it.

12 hours ago, Piagetsky said:

and yes, each school has a quota to submit to the national competition; I believe your application is now being reviewed by Ottawa

you'll hear from them in April approx. 

Has everybody who has been forwarded to Ottawa gotten the "acknowledgment of application" email? I am wondering specifically about applications forwarded from UoT. I have not gotten one yet. Last I heard was the email from School of Graduate Studies informing that my application would be forwarded.

21 minutes ago, JimBob1 said:

Has everybody who has been forwarded to Ottawa gotten the "acknowledgment of application" email? I am wondering specifically about applications forwarded from UoT. I have not gotten one yet. Last I heard was the email from School of Graduate Studies informing that my application would be forwarded.

same! didn't get that "acknowledgment of application" email

1 hour ago, eternallyephemeral said:

Heard back from Western that I'm advancing. Guess they just missed the end-of-term deadline, but they sent it on one of the first days back.

Nice!!

On 1/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, JimBob1 said:

same boat as you!