2018 Acceptance/Rejection Thread

mynameismyname

5 minutes ago, ArendtYouKidding said:

Congratulations on getting to that point! I only have one waitlist, so I am really holding out hope for these last few (especially UConn). 

In full disclosure, I also had the nerve to solicit UConn, Rutgers, Stanford, and Vanderbilt. I only heard back from Colorado and Stanford so far. 

Rutgers seems to be holding their cards close to their chest.

Congratulations on getting to that point! I only have one waitlist, so I am really holding out hope for these last few (especially UConn). 

In full disclosure, I also had the nerve to solicit UConn, Rutgers, Stanford, and Vanderbilt. I only heard back from Colorado and Stanford so far. 

So I'm not the only one sweating in anticipation from UConn as a last hope! There's an acceptance on the results page but no other information has leaked from them that I know of. I've been getting exceptionally anxious about hearing back from them these past couple of days.

4 minutes ago, Halcyon23 said:

So I'm not the only one sweating in anticipation from UConn as a last hope! There's an acceptance on the results page but no other information has leaked from them that I know of. I've been getting exceptionally anxious about hearing back from them these past couple of days.

You are not the only one! I asked awhile ago in this thread if anybody could claim it and nobody did (to my recollection). 

11 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

It seems like a few of these schools are. I am confused why some would send out acceptances and rejections but leave some of us hanging. What's the point in keeping the applications "alive?" 

I'll update if I hear back from anywhere else! 

7 minutes ago, eigenname said:

So CUNY rejections are out? Does anyone know if the emails suggested that they are done with the rejections? I didn't receive it, but I no longer dare to hope after the whole Notre Dame debacle. :wacko:

No, the emails (two) didn’t indicate that they were done with rejections. But I’m guessing that they aren’t, given how few people posted rejections. 

43 minutes ago, ArendtYouKidding said:

You are not the only one! I asked awhile ago in this thread if anybody could claim it and nobody did (to my recollection). 

I can claim it, and I'm going to decline it. Hope this helps :) (AOI: phil of lang)

Edited by BL16

Thank you so much for your update! I am also Philosophy of Language..... I don't think my nerves can take much more of this.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I didn't notice your question.

1 hour ago, Schwarzwald said:

I called their department yesterday and they said decisions should be out by the end of this week, but who knows if that's actually going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, BL16 said:

Seriously no problem at all! I'm grateful that you updated now. Now we know that UConn is making decisions (albeit slowly) and that the end is near. (: Thanks!

5 minutes ago, soproperlybasic said:

I called their department yesterday and they said decisions should be out by the end of this week, but who knows if that's actually going to happen. 

By decisions I guess they mean rejections? Or did they suggest in any way that there are remaining acceptances/wait-lists to go out?

6 minutes ago, BL16 said:

Just curious: did the notification mention anything about how many applicants they're accepting or anything like that? Seems like they're just sending out notifications at a snail's pace and I'm wondering whether they mention anything about it. But I'm just super anxious about it haha

4 minutes ago, Halcyon23 said:

Just curious: did the notification mention anything about how many applicants they're accepting or anything like that? Seems like they're just sending out notifications at a snail's pace and I'm wondering whether they mention anything about it. But I'm just super anxious about it haha

Nothing like that. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, eigenname said:

By decisions I guess they mean rejections? Or did they suggest in any way that there are remaining acceptances/wait-lists to go out?

She was ambiguous and just said 'decisions.' Probably should have clarified, but didn't. 

(I spoke to the graduate admissions coordinator, was too nervous to call the DGS)

Edited by soproperlybasic

6 minutes ago, eigenname said:

I don't think there are any remaining acceptances, but I have no idea about waitlists.

4 minutes ago, BL16 said:

I don't think there are any remaining acceptances, but I have no idea about waitlists.

I also assume that since a lot of the same people who got into other top programs got into Rutgers, not all of them will end up going to Rutgers. Which means they may still have at least some wait-list decisions left. (Or so I tell myself, in the slight hope that some miracle happens)

8 minutes ago, soproperlybasic said:

I also assume that since a lot of the same people who got into other top programs got into Rutgers, not all of them will end up going to Rutgers. Which means they may still have at least some wait-list decisions left. (Or so I tell myself, in the slight hope that some miracle happens)

Let's hope! It's only a few days left til the end of the week anyway :) 

23 minutes ago, ArendtYouKidding said:

Seriously no problem at all! I'm grateful that you updated now. Now we know that UConn is making decisions (albeit slowly) and that the end is near. (: Thanks!

Just declined their offer. Good luck!