Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

8 hours ago, ClinPsych2019 said:

I emailed University of Denver regarding the Clinical Child PhD program and was informed the admissions committee is extending invites this week! Good luck to everyone!

I thought they already sent out all their invites? I hope you are right, thank you for emailing them!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:13 AM, luna314 said:

I did a Skype interview with POI from UT Austin (I am an international), and he told that the on-campus interviews will be held in February

I applied to perception, brain and behavior track

I'm guessing I didn't make the cut, I applied to Individual Differences. Did they already send out invitation emails?

10 hours ago, SC9016 said:

Posted this in another group, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone!

Please PM me or reply (With PI initials!) if you have any news regarding:

CU Boulder, Duke, UT Austin, Northwestern, U minn (not child), U Pitt, Wash U

I would also like to Upitt please!

3 hours ago, nebulousmilk said:

I'm guessing I didn't make the cut, I applied to Individual Differences. Did they already send out invitation emails?

I don't know for sure, I did a Skype interview. But I would say never lose hope, I just heard back from NYU for the open house! I thought all of the invitations were already sent out...

2 hours ago, aaronburrsir said:

I would also like to Upitt please!

Pitt has listed on their website that all interviews will go out by 1/21 and the PI I applied to sent them all out the two weeks prior. If you haven't heard anything, I would assume rejections. 

18 minutes ago, honeyrue said:

I believe UNCG has finished extending their invites

I figured they had but I contacted admissions last week...they told me a decision has not been made on my application but they're currently reviewing it. Assume that means they've sent out a first wave of invites and are holding off in case ?‍♀️

Got an email from POI inviting me to visit day, Im so excited and grateful bc its my first invite!!! She cc'd a couple other professors too. Do I reply all when I confirm my attendance or just to the POI?? Also, this might sound dumb but I'm so nervous-  what is the proper way to express excitement and confirm attendance?

2 minutes ago, meezy123 said:

Got an email from POI inviting me to visit day, Im so excited and grateful bc its my first invite!!! She cc'd a couple other professors too. Do I reply all when I confirm my attendance or just to the POI?? Also, this might sound dumb but I'm so nervous-  what is the proper way to express excitement and confirm attendance?

Just now, paraent said:

reply all for sure

I definitely second this! Congrats 

2 minutes ago, meezy123 said:

Reply to everyone for sure. And just be yourself. I always say something like, "These are exciting news! Thank you for the opportunity to interview. I will be in attendance and look forward to...." And congrats!! These ARE exciting news!

23 minutes ago, paraent said:

reply all for sure

22 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

I definitely second this! Congrats 

20 minutes ago, ASDadvocate said:

Reply to everyone for sure. And just be yourself. I always say something like, "These are exciting news! Thank you for the opportunity to interview. I will be in attendance and look forward to...." And congrats!! These ARE exciting news!

Thank you guys!!!

Does anyone know anything about the University of Washington? (Non-clinical) I’ve seen just one interview for developmental, one for cognitive, and one Skype interview for social about two weeks ago and that’s it. Their website makes it sound like they invite people to campus but I’m not sure if that’s after they’ve been admitted. It just seems like a low number of interviews for this time of year. Anyone heard anything?

Just got my first rejection after interviewing at a program. I got a call from the director of the program and he explained that they could only accept 4 students from the 6 candidates that interviewed. It really sucks to know that I was one of the bottom 2 ?He also gave me some feedback and said that based on my research interests, they thought I was better suited for a school psychology (which I have applied to as well) or special education program. He also mentioned that if I had the opportunity to get additional research experience, I should. Which sucks because I have 5 summers and 3 years of research coordinator experience. I have two more interviews coming up and now I'm feeling a little nervous about those. Sorry for the Debbie Downer message. Didn't think this would get me so down. 

13 hours ago, soparanoid said:

Hey! Non clinical track. I’m so so worried.

I had a friend who applied last year who interviewed in late feb and got waitlisted and didn't find out she actually got accepted until like early april....they seem to just do whatever they want at Harvard.

4 minutes ago, yikespsych said:

For people who got rejection emails from Penn State - is this clinical psych? Did you interview? I've heard nothing from them at all so I'm wondering if I should reach out to see if I'm waitlisted.

I'm in the same boat as you (for clinical). Sent the department an email yesterday to ask if all interview requests had gone out and haven't heard back yet...

Advice needed!

Do you guys have experience with updating new publication with the schools that you have applied to? Or is it a good idea at all? 

I was noticed yesterday that a manuscript I co-authored with my boss (my letter writer) was accepted in a very good journal. Boss kindly suggested he would like to write emails (copy me) to the schools for an update. 

9 minutes ago, beiwo07 said:

Advice needed!

Do you guys have experience with updating new publication with the schools that you have applied to? Or is it a good idea at all? 

I was noticed yesterday that a manuscript I co-authored with my boss (my letter writer) was accepted in a very good journal. Boss kindly suggested he would like to write emails (copy me) to the schools for an update. 

This is something to talk about in your interviews. I think it would be inappropriate to e-mail schools simply about a publication update on your CV.