Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

Does  anyone know if all invites to recuitment weekend from UC Riverside have been sent? Or if there are still some that will be sent? I do know some have been sent (Developmental), but was wondering whether the department is done with invitations.

37 minutes ago, CCVAN said:

Does  anyone know if all invites to recuitment weekend from UC Riverside have been sent? Or if there are still some that will be sent? I do know some have been sent (Developmental), but was wondering whether the department is done with invitations.

I don't know if the whole department is done or not, but I got an invite for cognitive a few weeks ago. 

Just waiting on four more schools now - Fairleigh Dickinson, Rutgers, Springfield, and Suffolk. I know the latter three haven't sent anything, but FDU is driving me crazy. 1 or 2 folks have reported invites but I don't know if they've all been sent out or if they're coming in waves. I might call on Monday to follow up b/c I think the interview date is soon...

Edited by dancedementia

1 hour ago, CCVAN said:

Hi! I am sorry. I called the Psych department today, they told me they sent invites a week ago. I applied to the Social Psych area from UC Davis

Oh that's strange - on the email, it said they would notify by 1/23, I think. Did you get that email too? I applied to the cognitive area. Thanks for letting me know though

12 hours ago, dancedementia said:

Just waiting on four more schools now - Fairleigh Dickinson, Rutgers, Springfield, and Suffolk. I know the latter three haven't sent anything, but FDU is driving me crazy. 1 or 2 folks have reported invites but I don't know if they've all been sent out or if they're coming in waves. I might call on Monday to follow up b/c I think the interview date is soon... 

I thought Rutgers had already finished sending out invites:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Clinical+Psychology+rutgers&t=m&o=

Still no news from Suffolk?

43 minutes ago, TiredOfApps said:

I thought Rutgers had already finished sending out invites:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Clinical+Psychology+rutgers&t=m&o=

Still no news from Suffolk?

I applied to the PsyD, not the PhD. Still no news from Suffolk :((

Just now, dancedementia said:

I applied to the PsyD, not the PhD. Still no news from Suffolk :((

Ohh sorry! Definitely didn't look close enough.  ...I'm secretly hoping Suffolk blew their deadline. My POI had no idea there was one when we talked a couple weeks ago.

Does anyone know if invites have all been sent out for Fordham's Counseling Phd program? I only saw one person post on the results page that they received an invite directly from their POI. 

I spoke to admissions a week ago and they said that faculty had only just begin to review and would take another 2-3 weeks to extend invitations. 

Any information/confirmation would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

If the people who got interviews from City College (Clinical) and NYU (counseling) see this, could you please PM me? Was your email from a POI or a mass email?

I'd be interested in getting a PM about City College, as well! Thank you! 

28 minutes ago, TrustingTheProcess said:

Does anyone know typically how long after interview weekend do Clinical Psych PhD programs contact accepted applicant(s)?

Usually pretty quick. Faculty want to get offers out ASAP before you get an offer from anywhere else. I’ve heard as quick as the Monday after a Friday interview from some people who applied last year. But I’m sure it varies a little, but it’s definitely pretty quick.

15 minutes ago, ClinPsych2019 said:

Usually pretty quick. Faculty want to get offers out ASAP before you get an offer from anywhere else. I’ve heard as quick as the Monday after a Friday interview from some people who applied last year. But I’m sure it varies a little, but it’s definitely pretty quick.

Oooh interesting. I didn’t know it was that quick! 

It's so nerve wrecking prepping for an interview, knowing that your POI is only accepting ONE student. Anyone have any tips on how to really stand out? It's a phone interview

Hey all!

I've just done my interview/recruitment days with my top POI choice and found out I'm his only chosen candidate, his candidate last year accepted an offer elsewhere, and he's only working with one PhD student who is in their fourth year. He's also expressed that he'd be "thrilled" to work with me, but knows I have other choices.

Overall, things sound pretty good and we get along extremely well. I haven't gotten an official acceptance though and don't want to get my hopes up to 100%. I'd like to send him a follow-up  tomorrow thanking him for inviting me to the recruitment event and expressing that he's my top choice and I'd love to work with him. Any advice for sending up a follow-up without sounding like a mega-keener?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, eggs.pdf said:

Hey all!

I've just done my interview/recruitment days with my top POI choice and found out I'm his only chosen candidate, his candidate last year accepted an offer elsewhere, and he's only working with one PhD student who is in their fourth year. He's also expressed that he'd be "thrilled" to work with me, but knows I have other choices.

Overall, things sound pretty good and we get along extremely well. I haven't gotten an official acceptance though and don't want to get my hopes up to 100%. I'd like to send him a follow-up  tomorrow thanking him for inviting me to the recruitment event and expressing that he's my top choice and I'd love to work with him. Any advice for sending up a follow-up without sounding like a mega-keener?

Thanks!

Sounding like a mega keener isn't a bad thing, I think it's better than sounding uninterested. I'd just say to space it out and send it a few days after the interview. I write my emails fairly true to my personality, which occasionally means throwing in some colloquialisms i.e., "super interesting", "awesome [insert word]" to liven up otherwise dry emails and let my character come through in correspondence (otherwise I sound a bit too stiff).

Edited by higaisha

19 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Sounding like a mega keener isn't a bad thing, I think it's better than sounding uninterested. I'd just say to space it out and send it a few days after the interview. I write my emails fairly true to my personality, which occasionally means throwing in some colloquialisms i.e., "super interesting", "awesome [insert word]" to liven up otherwise dry emails and let my character come through in correspondence (otherwise I sound a bit too stiff).

Thanks for the advice! Great to know - I have a similar email style so that makes me feel better just being myself in my follow-up :D

10 hours ago, jkdfkjadnfj said:

has anyone heard from Syracuse's clinical program? I haven't seen much on the results page, but I know their interviews are 2/15, so it seems like we should have heard by now.

I have not. They've been back in session since 1/14.