Fall 2019 Psychology PhD Applicants!

dancedementia

20 minutes ago, Gradphd123 said:

Hi all! I was accepted for an interview inside a nearby city ( about an hour drive).a mass interview was sent and students have an option to stay with a graduate student.

I understand this is for those traveling from far away. Am i at a strong disadvantage to not ask for a host? Does it reflect poorly to spend the night before with the student?

I would like to be able to be remembered positively, and am afraid this one day interview does not give me enough time to make an impression vs. a student who may be coming from afar.

Hey, the insight provided on this thread might help: 

Good luck! :)

I’ve posted a few times about this but I haven’t really gotten any responses. Maybe there aren’t a lot of applicants on here. Has anyone heard back from the Cognition and Brain Science program at GaTech or the Clinical-Community program at U of South Carolina? I haven’t heard back at all and I don’t see any other posters, I’m literally losing it over here ?

1 minute ago, Psychedoutandworried said:

I’ve posted a few times about this but I haven’t really gotten any responses. Maybe there aren’t a lot of applicants on here. Has anyone heard back from the Cognition and Brain Science program at GaTech or the Clinical-Community program at U of South Carolina? I haven’t heard back at all and I don’t see any other posters, I’m literally losing it over here ?

I know they are different programs, but I applied to GaTech for I/O Psych and also haven't heard anything yet! 

3 minutes ago, Psychedoutandworried said:

Hi, I reached out to the clinical community program at U of SC yesterday and they said all invites had been extended

1 hour ago, Psychedoutandworried said:

I applied to experimental psych at South Carolina and GaTech cognition and brain sciences and have heard back from neither

6 hours ago, aaronburrsir said:

Hi I saw that you are still waiting for Florida State. I work at FSU and all of the interview invites have been extended to my knowledge as interview weekend here is next week. Best of luck!

for all or just the clinical psych phd program? Thank you for this information, have been wondering!

2 hours ago, Psychedoutandworried said:

i have not heard anything at all from USC but I will share with you one little link that I randomly found wednesday--buried within USC's website. Its a listing of deadlines even when to expect interviews...I wish all schools had this kind of link https://psych.sc.edu/internal/clinical-community-program-admission-criteria

--when do you think "mid-January" ends? lol

Edited by psychclin

1 hour ago, paraent said:

Can confirm they emailed a lot of penn invites yesterday. Can also confirm that 2/15 and 2/22 are dates set aside for interviews. No knowledge if they’ll send out more but I hope this info is useful.

For clinical or another discipline? I feel like I should assume rejection from them at this point.

So how likely is it to end up getting invited to interview if the first batch of invites have already been sent? Does anyone know if it is common for someone to turn down an interview and then the spot to be offered to someone else lower on the list? Or is it pretty unlikely to get an offer to interview or acceptance if you don’t get invited to campus in the first round?

9 hours ago, nebulousmilk said:

Has anyone heard from UC Santa Barbara Cognitive, or UT Austin?

I did a Skype interview with POI from UT Austin (I am an international), and he told that the on-campus interviews will be held in February

I applied to perception, brain and behavior track

Edited by luna314

11 hours ago, StatsAddict said:

Yes, I have-- UMBC's Applied Developmental Psychology program sent out interview invites earlier this month.

If you don’t mind, can you tell me the initials of your POI? Thanks