Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

3 hours ago, vjysd said:

For those attending UPenn interview session next week, have you received a list of faculty you're interviewing with?

Nope. They said 3-5 days and I'm expecting it to be 3 LOL. Also see you guys there!

1 hour ago, sgaw10 said:

Accepted at WashU! It's nice to have good news for once

CONGRATS

Did anyone apply to the GaTech/Emory/PKU joint Ph.D. program (similar GaTech/Emory joint Ph.D. program )? Long shot, but does anyone if the timeline for admission acceptance is the same as the GaTech/Emory joint Ph.D. program? 

From the results page, it seems that they released the acceptance or rejection around mid/late Jan. I'm wondering is it because of the funding issues/govt shutdown that is delaying this, or am I in for a sad rejection =(.

4 hours ago, treeaway said:

Nope. They said 3-5 days and I'm expecting it to be 3 LOL. Also see you guys there!

True. Lololol. See you soon :)

1 hour ago, plsacceptmegradschool said:

Did anyone apply to the GaTech/Emory/PKU joint Ph.D. program (similar GaTech/Emory joint Ph.D. program )? Long shot, but does anyone if the timeline for admission acceptance is the same as the GaTech/Emory joint Ph.D. program? 

From the results page, it seems that they released the acceptance or rejection around mid/late Jan. I'm wondering is it because of the funding issues/govt shutdown that is delaying this, or am I in for a sad rejection =(.

I honestly don't know - I applied for the BioE Interdisciplinary Program with BME (GT/Emory) as home school... I already assumed rejection, but I'm okay with it. Hope you do get some good news soon!

Did anyone hear back from IBSC(interdisciplinary biomedical science) program in Purdue? I am an international student and I have been contacted with a PI on 12.06 2018. However, she told me on 1.23 that she were still working through the applications. I am nearly freaking out and anxious about it. 

Edited by NickGao

Hello everyone, this week I just got an acceptance letter of the joint BME program at UNC & NCSU. But there is no info about campus visiting weekend or something like that.  Also, it is said that funding support is decided separately.  Does anyone know more about this program? Was there campus visits in the past years? Thank you guys and good luck for everyone!

13 hours ago, jll0527 said:

Hello everyone, this week I just got an acceptance letter of the joint BME program at UNC & NCSU. But there is no info about campus visiting weekend or something like that.  Also, it is said that funding support is decided separately.  Does anyone know more about this program? Was there campus visits in the past years? Thank you guys and good luck for everyone!

What I am about to say won’t be helpful, but I did my undergrad at NCSU in MSE. If you want to learn more about it and Raleigh, just PM me! 

I am unsure if they do visitation programs...they might. You could always contact someone at the one or both schools to see what they say. I hope you hear something soon related to this program! 

3 hours ago, vjysd said:

Hopefully today.. See you there!

tbh they're starting to make me panic by not sending out the list.

Also I see you have Hopkins! Are you going first or second weekend?

18 minutes ago, treeaway said:

tbh they're starting to make me panic by not sending out the list.

Also I see you have Hopkins! Are you going first or second weekend?

I agree!! I need that list already..

For Hopkins, I'm going to the second weekend.  

8 minutes ago, vjysd said:

I agree!! I need that list already..

For Hopkins, I'm going to the second weekend.  

I received the list just now!

Also, anyone has any recommendation on interviewing with a panel of professors? (as that is one of my scheduled interviews :'() 

41 minutes ago, ruiruiruij said:

I received the list just now!

Also, anyone has any recommendation on interviewing with a panel of professors? (as that is one of my scheduled interviews :'() 

o.0 You got a panel? Damn, that sounds intimidating.

7 minutes ago, dontor said:

hi @ruiruiruij did you receive an official acceptance letter from Yale or confirmation from a professor?

Thanks

I received an email from the Prof. that interviewed me that I have been recommended for admission by the department and the official letter will come in weeks.

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of the following email -

"Although you were not selected this year, we value you as an applicant. If you plan to apply again in the future, I would be happy to discuss your application with you; however, this is a particularly busy season and I ask for you to wait to reach out to me until late spring. Unfortunately, I will not be able to respond to you if you email now. "

It came to me just as this.

11 hours ago, Ayub2306 said:

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of the following email -

"Although you were not selected this year, we value you as an applicant. If you plan to apply again in the future, I would be happy to discuss your application with you; however, this is a particularly busy season and I ask for you to wait to reach out to me until late spring. Unfortunately, I will not be able to respond to you if you email now. "

It came to me just as this.

I think that just means that they're willing to give you feedback on your application and why you were rejected if you plan on applying again and you email them in late spring. 

Sorry about the rejection :(

Just now, gummybear9 said:

I think that just means that they're willing to give you feedback on your application and why you were rejected if you plan on applying again and you email them in late spring. 

Sorry about the rejection :(

Okay. Thanx for telling. 

18 minutes ago, jtro37 said:

Waitlisted for my top choice. Guess I'll have another 2 months of waiting...

I feel you. I am waitlisted for an interview at Rice, and it's driving me crazy!

5 minutes ago, sgaw10 said:

I feel you. I am waitlisted for an interview at Rice, and it's driving me crazy!

Do you mean waitlisted after interviewing? Or that Rice has a waitlist to even get an interview?