2018-19 Admissions/Rejections/Waitlists

Prose

Hi guys, I saw that someone had already heard back from a program already (congratulations!). I'm getting excited to start hearing back, so I've made this thread so we can post admit/reject/waitlist news. Good luck! ??

Edited by Prose

not sure if anyone saw this already but here's a list of when notices went out in 2017. if it stays around the same, most of us have 2-3 months of waiting...

https://philosophyadmissions.wordpress.com/predictions/?fbclid=IwAR3qpdneDHOX5vGthpcHonFi9FMKBs_n81Ri8_mpHGni_orasu7hqHSbteI

3 hours ago, Prose said:

What are you guys doing to pass the time? I can't even focus on my coursework this term because I know everything hinges on the news I get in 1.5 months...

Ha true. I wouldn't worry about it that much (easier said than done, I know). It's completely out of our control at this point. Try your best to totally forget about it. Worst case scenario, we get shut out and apply again but I've heard this being a blessing in disguise. I've had professors tell me that happening to them and they applied the next year and got better offers. I know I'm too positive for a philosopher. ha

On 12/14/2018 at 6:45 AM, Theodore8 said:

It’s usually better to make one thread for acceptances and waitlists and then a separate thread for rejections.

17 hours ago, BetweenBars said:

I second this idea. 

I'm curious as to what the reasons are here. There was a single thread for acceptances and rejections last year (with separate threads for final decisions and for MA programmes), and that seemed to work fine. :)

4 hours ago, Kantattheairport said:

I'm curious as to what the reasons are here. There was a single thread for acceptances and rejections last year (with separate threads for final decisions and for MA programmes), and that seemed to work fine. :)

I am new to this process, but, it seems that individuals who end up receiving fewer acceptances might want to avoid the acceptance thread altogether. If the acceptances are mixed in with the rejections then no one has the option to steer clear of them if they wish. 

@Theodore8 Please chime in if your reasoning is different than mine!