Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

3 minutes ago, Sercan_ said:

Has anybody received funding offers from the UT Austin? Please post if you have..

Hi, another long-time lurker, first time poster here. I can claim one of UT Austin’s acceptances and also waiting on funding info. POI said it would arrive within a week from my acceptance day (last Tuesday), so hoping it’s today or tomorrow.

Someone posted that UCLA still had a bunch of apps to review a few days ago. Do we know if that’s still the case?

5 minutes ago, socsoc19 said:

Hi, another long-time lurker, first time poster here. I can claim one of UT Austin’s acceptances and also waiting on funding info. POI said it would arrive within a week from my acceptance day (last Tuesday), so hoping it’s today or tomorrow.

Someone posted that UCLA still had a bunch of apps to review a few days ago. Do we know if that’s still the case?

Hi, I posted that after speaking I believe two Fridays ago with a current grad student who was on the admissions committee, but don't have any additional info about it. Seemed like they were moving pretty fast on them though.

1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

I was thinking of calling them (and UCSB)  up today. Might do so after it's about 10 AM over there. 

Called up Rutgers just now, kind of relieved to hear that offers will be sent out over the course of this week as well, but now I'm worried that calling them up might reflect badly on me somehow. :( 

UCSB called me up early last week to let me know that I was put on their waiting list. So I'd assume they already sent out their acceptances? 

I got their call only a couple of days after I got an acceptance from UCSC, so I have to wonder if the UC schools send out acceptances around the same time. 

Based on the results board, it seems pretty common for Waitlist notifications to be sent the day before or the same day as the other application status updates for Duke. My guess is we can expect results today or tomorrow for Duke.

9 minutes ago, DuBois said:

Can we expect University of Chicago to send out their acceptances this week ?

Probably this week or next based on the results board. They also seem to send results out midweek (Tuesday-Thursday). I can’t tell you the usual time of day unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, markhame said:

any more useless gossip on Stanford?

Long time lurker  and first time poster here, but i am anxiously waiting the Stanford results as well. I managed to secure one acceptance so far from the only school i have heard back from - so atleast i know i'm going somewhere in the fall. I see Stanford as a longshot, but the longer they wait to send out results the more i wonder and keep checking this forum while i'm at work..... 

15 minutes ago, Soca4434 said:

Long time lurker  and first time poster here, but i am anxiously waiting the Stanford results as well. I managed to secure one acceptance so far from the only school i have heard back from - so atleast i know i'm going somewhere in the fall. I see Stanford as a longshot, but the longer they wait to send out results the more i wonder and keep checking this forum while i'm at work..... 

Are you me?

Dumb question :can someone tell me what a POI is? I assume it stands for person of interest?

are they faculty who you’ve contacted previously, current grad students, or really any person who reached out to you?

9 minutes ago, markhame said:

Dumb question :can someone tell me what a POI is? I assume it stands for person of interest?

are they faculty who you’ve contacted previously, current grad students, or really any person who reached out to you?

If I am not wrong, it is the faculty that you mention in your SOP.

Edited by Sercan_

1 hour ago, markhame said:

Yep, just a person that you're interested in working with, that you may have spoken with or mentioned in your SOP. 

Hi all, another lurker and first time poster. First, congrats to everyone for all their respective acceptances. Second, best of luck for everyone waiting still! Finally, has anyone heard anything from Vanderbilt yet? The results page has no indication, but the interviews were already out this time last year. Thanks in advance!