How Do Schools Contact You

Krauge

This is my first application cycle as well and I am also eagerly waiting for some response. What I have come to know from the fellow applicants is that they either mail you the decision directly or ask you to check the university website. Sometimes people get to know their application status by logging into their application portal before the university can reach them out via mail. So, I think checking the mail is fine as logging into each and every portal can become tedious. 

ALL THE BEST!!!

Based on last year, most programmes will email you either the decision itself or a notification to check your status page. I think Rutgers was the only place I applied to where people discovered their outcome on the status page before/without receiving an email. Best thing for the next several weeks at least is to try and get some well-earned rest! :)

On 1/20/2019 at 4:09 AM, Krauge said:

This is my first cycle. Do schools usually email you to tell you that a decision has been made, or do you just have to check your application on their website. Because I'm starting to look insane checking my applications every day.

University of Colorado seem to never email rejections. Just from what I've heard from a few pple and my own personal experience a few cycles ago.

2 minutes ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

University of Colorado seem to never email rejections. Just from what I've heard from a few pple and my own personal experience a few cycles ago.

According to Grad cafe reports, the University of Colorado, Boulder almost always emails rejections. https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=boulder+philosophy&t=a&o=&p=3

5 minutes ago, The_Last_Thylacine said:

According to Grad cafe reports, the University of Colorado, Boulder almost always emails rejections. https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=boulder+philosophy&t=a&o=&p=3

hmm idk.. maybe they just didn't want to email me and my friends haha, jk. But, like i said it was my personal experience and others who that I know.