Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

15 minutes ago, F11 said:

Hey @iakuasa, I'm in the same situation with the eHealth offer from McMaster! Gotta do some deeper digging and weight out all the factors before coming to a decision! 

Exactly! I’ve spoken to a few students from both programs so now it’s really just a matter of me reviewing everything I’ve learned again & deciding from there. Best of luck to you - from what I’ve been told “there’s no bad decision per se” hehe 

Edited by iakuasa

45 minutes ago, F11 said:

Hey @RN_HI , 

No, I am not a clinician. I actually am just completing my BSc in Health Studies from the University of Waterloo. I've had quite a few different co-op experiences, one of which had me working on their EMR and developing an app for the personalized health record system at a private health clinic. 

I did the exact same program for my undergrad from UW! :)

Hello all,  

I still haven't heard anything back at this point and my status is still under review.  I really expected to hear back something today.  Up until now I haven't contacted them but I just emailed Zoe a few minutes ago in the hopes this will elicit a response.  Hoping I'll at least get onto a waiting list.  To the people who got an official offer today... Did they mention how long you have to reply?  Did they mention how many people applied to the program?  Thanks and good luck to those who are still waiting.

2 hours ago, jeds said:

Hello all,  

I still haven't heard anything back at this point and my status is still under review.  I really expected to hear back something today.  Up until now I haven't contacted them but I just emailed Zoe a few minutes ago in the hopes this will elicit a response.  Hoping I'll at least get onto a waiting list.  To the people who got an official offer today... Did they mention how long you have to reply?  Did they mention how many people applied to the program?  Thanks and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Hey Jeds,

My letter said that I have 1 month from today to respond. Zoe also emailed to request that I try to let them know (informally) whether or not I intend to accept their offer by next week - I believe this is their way of estimating how many people will accept/how many more offers they can send out (I may be completely wrong). 

There was no mention of how many people applied to the program in the letter but I'm pretty sure I remember being told ~220 applications during my interview. 

I really hope you get some good news this week - your status is still under review so I think that's a good sign! 

All the best!

Hey guys, this is super random but I thought I'd pass along the info: https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/09/spotify-premium-google-home-mini-free-canada/ 

If you're a spotify premium account holder, you can sign up to receive a free google home mini!! Happy Tuesday and best of luck with the offers. 

3 hours ago, RN_HI said:

Did you email Zoe to inquire if you're on the wait list?

Mine application still says under review as well.

Actually, she emailed me, but I never initially emailed to ask

On 4/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, iakuasa said:

Exactly! I’ve spoken to a few students from both programs so now it’s really just a matter of me reviewing everything I’ve learned again & deciding from there. Best of luck to you - from what I’ve been told “there’s no bad decision per se” hehe 

Hey @iakuasa! Can you explain a little bit about the difference between the mhi from u of t and McMaster ehealth ?