Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

1 hour ago, lily27 said:

I got an early admission too! Did your status on the application website change yet? I'm kind of nervous cause mine hasn't changed. LOL

Yay congrats! Nope it still shows Under Review so i'm a bit nervous as well lol. 

Haven't posted in a bit since I was on holiday.  I thought the interviewers seemed interested during my interview but it's hard to tell how things went.  I haven't heard anything yet (no early acceptance).  Still hoping for a regular acceptance in the next few weeks.  It sounds like this program has gotten a lot more competitive these past few years if there are now 220 applications for 35 spots as one poster mentioned.  I haven't applied to any other schools.  Does anyone know someone who graduated from this program?  If so, did completing this program open a lot of doors for them?  Thanks.  Congrats to those who have already been accepted.  :) 

Hey guys! I applied and got in last year and I hope you all get to hear some good news soon. It's a great program and I am sure you will find it stressful at times but overall, very enjoyable. I just wanted to make a little clarification. While it is true that the chance of international students getting admitted into this program is quite rare, I wouldn't say it's impossible. I am an international student and I got in last year. I hope anyone who genuinely wants to do it doesn't get discouraged and applies if you think you fit the bill. Good luck everyone! 

10 hours ago, birds said:

Hey guys! I applied and got in last year and I hope you all get to hear some good news soon. It's a great program and I am sure you will find it stressful at times but overall, very enjoyable. I just wanted to make a little clarification. While it is true that the chance of international students getting admitted into this program is quite rare, I wouldn't say it's impossible. I am an international student and I got in last year. I hope anyone who genuinely wants to do it doesn't get discouraged and applies if you think you fit the bill. Good luck everyone! 

Thanks for the info!! How did you find the program?

26 minutes ago, SV96 said:

Nope I haven't 

someone who interviewed with me followed up and apparently Zoe said that offers have already been sent out... really saddened by this news. 

I just spoke with Zoe and she said that some (very few) early offers were made because of their circumstances but that everyone would hear by the end of March / beginning of April. She stressed that offers weren’t being sent yet!

Just now, 123_em said:

I just spoke with Zoe and she said that some (very few) early offers were made because of their circumstances but that everyone would hear by the end of March / beginning of April. She stressed that offers weren’t being sent yet!

when did you speak with her?

4 minutes ago, V08 said:

I just called her - she said what @123_em described. 

Thank you guys so much. I was really in tears. Hopefully we all hear back with some good news. Wondering what happened with the candidate that interviewed with me, who received a different response from Zoe :/

Just now, sun.flower said:

Thank you guys so much. I was really in tears. Hopefully we all hear back with some good news. Wondering what happened with the candidate that interviewed with me, who received a different response from Zoe ?

Maybe she was talking about early admission offers

2 hours ago, iceblue said:

For those who already did their interview, how was the written component? 

I thought interviews were over.  Do you have an upcoming interview?  If so, good luck.  The written component seemed pretty easy.  It's a fairly broad question with different possible answers.  Not sure how they evaluate that part or what they consider to be a good answer.  

7 hours ago, iceblue said:

For those who already did their interview, how was the written component? 

The written component was very fair - extremely straightforward question. I think as long as you have some general knowledge of HI you will be fine. As @jeds mentioned, the question is broad - I personally think that they aren’t looking for “a right answer” per se, just want to see your thought process. Best of luck with your interview if you have one upcoming :)