Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

6 minutes ago, jeds said:

So to recap.  So far birds got into the program last year, M. Shelley and lily27 had early acceptance, and sun.flower got accepted yesterday.  Anyone else hear back yet?

Still waiting :( 

3 hours ago, mbar said:

Hi everyone,

Congrats to those accepted to U of T!! Regarding UW, I just got my letter of acceptance yesterday on Quest. Good luck to all of us!

P.S. Did anyone else apply to Dalhousie?

Did you receive an email notification from Waterloo about your acceptance?

On 3/27/2019 at 10:32 AM, ovoxo said:

congratulations @sun.flower!!! Did you see the status change before or after you got your email offer of admission?

I’m so sorry! This didn’t pop up for me for some reason ?. Thank you! I actually saw it after but want to believe that they update acorn first (I read previous years reviews on gradcafe lol) 

Hey guys! congrats to everyone that got in. I graduated last year and have been working in a clinical setting since. I wouldve applied this year but unfortunately I discovered health informatics just this month and even emailed UW if I can still apply ofcourse they said no but still wanted to give it a try. I want to know what're my chances of getting in and if I should apply to more places, I only plan on applying to waterloo because I dont want to stop working. Can people who've gotten accepted or haven't please let me know what your gpa are. I'm not worried about my ECs or work experience it's mostly my GPA I'm worried about i have a 3.3. Thank you :) 

18 hours ago, ovoxo said:

Nope! I am not a UofT student but received an email a few weeks ago about setting up an Acorn account.

Did you receive this email because you were applying for the MHI program or did you request an Acorn account?  I'm thinking perhaps you getting that email is an indication that they were going to offer you admission so they could update your status to "invited"?  I've not gotten any such email.  

19 minutes ago, jeds said:

Did you receive this email because you were applying for the MHI program or did you request an Acorn account?  I'm thinking perhaps you getting that email is an indication that they were going to offer you admission so they could update your status to "invited"?  I've not gotten any such email.  

Nah, I got it too when I applied - it's under the subject heading of creating a JoinID I believe! 

Thank you mystreee.  Yeah, I never got an email to create an JoinID for some reason.  For those who've gotten an offer... Did your status sgs application change to "Decision Made".  Mine still says "under review".  Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I just found this forum today. I got an interview in late feb and I'm still waiting for the UofT's response.. From what I read here, some people already got accepted. I'm getting more anxious and sad that it is now April 1st and still no response from the school.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

1 hour ago, RN_HI said:

Hi Guys,

I just found this forum today. I got an interview in late feb and I'm still waiting for the UofT's response.. From what I read here, some people already got accepted. I'm getting more anxious and sad that it is now April 1st and still no response from the school.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Me too :(

3 hours ago, mo1995 said:

So far it appears that only 2 people in this forum got accepted to Waterloo? Or have any more been accepted? I'm really starting to get disheartened now ?

Yes. I guess until it says under review.. there's still hope.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, sun.flower said:

Hi guys :) 

I know how anxious and nervous we all are, I just wanted to pass along that I received my offer today.

Hope to see you all in September!

Congrats !!!! I'll see you in September! :) & good luck to everyone else I hope to meet you all soon.

3 minutes ago, mystreee said:

Has anyone gotten in touch with Zoe about when everyone will hear back?

From an earlier post:

"I just spoke with Zoe and she said that some (very few) early offers were made because of their circumstances but that everyone would hear by the end of March / beginning of April. She stressed that offers weren’t being sent yet!"

3 hours ago, F11 said:

I followed up with her yesterday and she said that we should be hearing back at the end of the week or early next! 

I got the same update from Zoe but one of my friends (who didn't receive an interview) got a rejection email yesterday so I'm worried that they may be done sending out acceptances.... I really hope I'm wrong though