Fall 2020 Applicants

homie_de_lettres

4 hours ago, Modconart said:

Hey, I'm curious how you found out.. did you email? 

Hey, the professors I interviewed with originally told me that we would hear in the next couple of weeks but then corrected themselves via email post-interview saying that the admissions schedule this year pushed decisions to early March.

7 hours ago, ArtNerd2020 said:

UNC Chapel Hill’s admitted students weekend is scheduled for 2/28-2/29

Do you know if this admitted students weekend is just for the MA? I haven't heard about anything about PhD applications from UNC thus far.

2 hours ago, annarchy666 said:

Do you know if this admitted students weekend is just for the MA? I haven't heard about anything about PhD applications from UNC thus far.

Unfortunately, the email didn’t specify if it was for MA students only or both. 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, brooketrout said:

Williams admit, congrats! What kind of email did you receive?

I received an email from the director of their GradArt program, complete with their financial offer. I didn't do my undergrad in art history, so I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

Edited by ABottledCoke

On 2/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, AriSeal said:

Hi all, I realize that some on waitlists may want a sense of when they could hear back about spots.  I feel like most admits won't decide until after the admitted students weekend; I am therefore copying the earlier list sent out about notifications, and am hoping that people can share their knowledge of when these weekends might take place (approximate date is fine/better).  I am copying the ones that I know - please add dates and schools as you know them!

• Northwestern - mid-February
  • Stanford - 
  • WashU - February 27th - 29th
  • Brown - 
  • UNC (MA) - 
  • Emory - 
  • Cornell - 
  • Yale - 
  • Johns Hopkins - 
  • UCLA - beginning of March
  • Princeton - end of March
  • UC Irvine - 
  • UC Berkeley - 
  • Bard - 
  • Rice University - 
  • Harvard - none (to be organized by the student)
  • USC - end of March
  • Case Western - Seems to be individual visits for PhD (in late February or March) rather than a fixed admitted students weekend

Added WashU and Case Western 

59 minutes ago, venusofwillendork said:

Has anyone heard from UPenn beyond the phone conversations in late January?  Any idea of when we'll hear back (or if some already have heard)?

Nope! Conversations were @ncan360 and I. Neither of us have heard anything it seems. It’s the only thing on my mind right now! I’m wondering if I should write to the department and ask them about the timeline.

Edited by renforall

7 hours ago, mablid said:

Anyone heard from Columbia or Rutgers yet? (Im)patiently waiting...

I think Columbia sent out some or all acceptances in the past few weeks. I applied and didn't hear anything so am expecting a rejection for what it's worth..

11 hours ago, mablid said:

Anyone heard from Columbia or Rutgers yet? (Im)patiently waiting...

Re: Rutgers,  haven't heard anything! I had an issue with a transcript, so I just emailed them to see if it ever turned up, and also ask about the timeline. I'll share any info I can!

20 hours ago, boolean_search said:

Re: Rutgers,  haven't heard anything! I had an issue with a transcript, so I just emailed them to see if it ever turned up, and also ask about the timeline. I'll share any info I can!

Sorry to double post, but they got back to me real quick. Sounds like they've send recommendations to the grad school and are working on funding offers. Not sure what that looks like for actual timeline, but I'd guess they'll email admits soon? Best of luck to everyone!!!

1 hour ago, boolean_search said:

Sorry to double post, but they got back to me real quick. Sounds like they've send recommendations to the grad school and are working on funding offers. Not sure what that looks like for actual timeline, but I'd guess they'll email admits soon? Best of luck to everyone!!!

Thanks for the update. best of luck to you too!

I applied to MAs and got accepted  to University of Oregon yesterday - waiting to hear about funding.  I also applied to Williams and Hunter.  I am guessing no news is bad news for Williams at this point.  Hunter POI told me that applicants will be notified between March 5 and 15. 

Is any familiar with the grad program at UO?  I am having a hard time determining its reputation. I have a dual interest in art and architectural history, and they seem to have some interesting faculty members.  My goal is to pursue a PhD after completing my MA (my BA was in Comp Lit, and I decided it would be best to do an MA before committing to the PhD.)  

A more general question would be: how important is an MA program's ranking/reputation for PhD admittance?  

Edited by eac

6 hours ago, boolean_search said:

Heard back from Rutgers yay! :D I saw one other in the results, but maybe others heard too? I'm hopeful for everyone!! 

If the other Rutgers admit is on this thread, do they mind messaging me? I've got so many questions! 

Heard back too ?! Will PM you