Fall 2020 Applicants

homie_de_lettres

I saw that someone was accepted to UCSD's PhD program. I highly suggest you speak with current students before committing to anything. I say this with sincerity--the program is not designed for you to graduate (especially without debt). 

On 2/29/2020 at 3:44 AM, fauna876 said:

@Findingapurpose @the97kid Have any of you heard from UBC yet? 

@fauna876 Nothing at all........ Like literally when I open the portal it says Submitted and when I click on manage it says IN PROGRESS and it has been like that for ages. But I see that they've gone through my documents. 

Sorry if I already missed an update about this— but are we all pretty certain that UPenn admits/waitlisters have all been notified already? It seems like historically they do that in February and then the rejects get word around the ides of March. I figure I’m in that boat, but just wanted to ask.

2 minutes ago, Fast_Talking_Dame said:

Sorry if I already missed an update about this— but are we all pretty certain that UPenn admits/waitlisters have all been notified already? It seems like historically they do that in February and then the rejects get word around the ides of March. I figure I’m in that boat, but just wanted to ask.

I think all admits have been notified. Just heard from a POI that the department only brings in 5 students each year, but I have no idea about waitlist notifications. Based on past results, looks like waitlisters are notified at same time as admits. 

Anyone heard from UNC Chapel Hill as a PhD applicant? It looks like they've released MA decisions, but I interviewed for their doctorate program back in January and am very anxious to hear back. I'm also hoping to hear from U Toronto, but not holding out much hope as an American student. 

45 minutes ago, pasturegoat said:

Anyone heard from UNC Chapel Hill as a PhD applicant? It looks like they've released MA decisions, but I interviewed for their doctorate program back in January and am very anxious to hear back. I'm also hoping to hear from U Toronto, but not holding out much hope as an American student. 

There was at least one PhD admit at UNC’s Welcome Weekend, so I would guess acceptances have gone out. 

Edited by ArtNerd2020

I'm not sure if this would be of interest to anyone-- it seems this thread is more geared toward PhD applicants than Masters-- but I will be accepting my offer to the UC Davis MA with funding! I posted it on the results page a few weeks ago more generically. I'm planning to send my acceptance today. 

14 hours ago, CHINESEGOLD said:

Just to help others regarding waiting for responses-

I just had my interview for the Bard curatorial program, I've been accepted into UBC's art history MA program and I've been granted interviews for both the Courtauld Art History MA and Museum Studies program.

When and how did you hear from UBC? 

1 hour ago, canyah said:

I'm not sure if this would be of interest to anyone-- it seems this thread is more geared toward PhD applicants than Masters-- but I will be accepting my offer to the UC Davis MA with funding! I posted it on the results page a few weeks ago more generically. I'm planning to send my acceptance today. 

Congrats! So awesome and uplifting that Davis funds MA students. ?

On 3/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, Fast_Talking_Dame said:

I can't say for sure about those waitlisted, but admits have all definitely been notified. Open house for admitted students will be in a few weeks.  

12 hours ago, canyah said:

I'm currently deciding between Tufts and UC Davis.

Tufts offered a partial scholarship, but Davis is funded with TAship in the first quarter. Recruitment event is next Thursday so hopefully that will help me decide.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, canyah said:

Congratulations! 

I also got accepted to UC Davis' MA program in art history which I'm ready to accept these days. I won't make it to the recruitment day, but @canyah & @clearvoyant please do share your impressions :D 

Hi, new in this thread.

I will be starting PhD in Linguistics at UBC in fall 20. Is there anybody else who'll be starting at UBC in the same cycle? Would love to connect!

Cheers!

On 3/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, Fiat said:

Just got into the MA program at NYU Institute of Fine Arts! No info about funding though...

Congrats on getting into the IFA! It's a good program! However, funding is, essentially, nonexistent at NYU IFA. They did offer a type of stipend for Hispanic students last year, but it was only available to US residents and citizenships. That is one of the reasons why I chose to reject the offer because I didn't want to drown in debt so soon into academia. If you are US resident or citizen, do ask for what kind of support they will offer. In my case, as an international student, I was offered no funding at all.

23 hours ago, mcoa1996 said:

Congrats on getting into the IFA! It's a good program! However, funding is, essentially, nonexistent at NYU IFA. They did offer a type of stipend for Hispanic students last year, but it was only available to US residents and citizenships. That is one of the reasons why I chose to reject the offer because I didn't want to drown in debt so soon into academia. If you are US resident or citizen, do ask for what kind of support they will offer. In my case, as an international student, I was offered no funding at all.

I am an international students as well. And yeah, I will probably turn down the offer as I get fully funded at Case.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:15 PM, tunic_youth said:

Congratulations! 

I also got accepted to UC Davis' MA program in art history which I'm ready to accept these days. I won't make it to the recruitment day, but @canyah & @clearvoyant please do share your impressions :D 

Well, Davis' grad day just got cancelled because of the coronavirus. Even though I understand the need for public safety, I can't say I'm not disappointed. I was definitely hanging a lot on this visit. I'm planning on going there myself soon because I live really close, so pm me if you have any questions about the school/facilities/general vibe or info you might not get from emailing a POI. 

On 3/6/2020 at 5:17 PM, nel09 said:

I can't say for sure about those waitlisted, but admits have all definitely been notified. Open house for admitted students will be in a few weeks.  

Yeah I haven't heard anything either and I am not holding my breath. Best of luck to you!