LA/OC County Cal States (CSU's): CSUF, CSULA, CSULB, CSUN

8 minutes ago, futureslp2311 said:

Has anyone heard back from CSUF? 

According to the results page looks like some acceptances have been sent already. When I asked during the interview when results would be sent out they said this week since they’re off next week. 

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from CSULA. E-mails are supposed to be sent today. ? 

Sorry, 

1 hour ago, DjSLP2B said:

According to the results page looks like some acceptances have been sent already. When I asked during the interview when results would be sent out they said this week since they’re off next week. 

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from CSULA. E-mails are supposed to be sent today. ? 

I'm a bit new to gradcafe, where is the results page for CSUF?? 

4 hours ago, futureslp2311 said:

Sorry, 

I'm a bit new to gradcafe, where is the results page for CSUF?? 

Right now you're in the "browse" tab so you can see the forum section on here. Click the "results" tab in the upper left corner of your screen (to the right of the "browse" tab) to see admissions results. Or you can just type in www.thegradcafe.com/survey/, which should take you to the same place. You can type in what you're looking for to adjust for degree (speech/communication sciences) or for a particular program (CSUF)! 

Edited by samiamslp
for corrected spelling

Does anyone have an update on CSUN? Anything? It's been too quiet which makes me very nervous. This is my top choice so I am super anxious to hear back.

It's almost April 15! We got this! Soon we won't be wondering so much about what we'll be doing in the Fall. Good luck to everyone!

On 3/24/2019 at 10:44 PM, Jspeechy said:

I spoke with a Student from CSUN and they said there was some sort of delay this year and decisions may not go out until early April. There is no interview for CSUN right? 

Has your friend from CSUN given you anymore updates? 

7 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Has your friend from CSUN given you anymore updates? 

Unfortuntely, the student was someone I randomly met at an interview and don’t have their contact info. Sorry! Really hoping we hear soon! Have you heard anything from Chapman yet? 

Just now, slptobe13 said:

My friend at CSUN spoke to an administrator and she told him last week decisions most likely will be coming next week. They're cutting it very close.

? very close! Do you think she meant next week in relation to last week or this week? 

Thank you for sharing!

10 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

? very close! Do you think she meant next week in relation to last week or this week? 

Thank you for sharing!

I'm assuming in relation to this week because she had said it would be 2 weeks from when he asked (last week). 

3 minutes ago, slptobe13 said:

I'm assuming in relation to this week because she had said it would be 2 weeks from when he asked (last week). 

?Nooooo! lol. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/20/2019 at 7:58 AM, Rosegrl211 said:

I received a separate email from CSU Fullerton last night, after RSVPing for the interview/open house, telling me to bring an informal transcript and syllabi for all 12 of my course equivalencies. 

I went through CSUSM’s post-Bac, do I believe I only have 9 of the 12 equivalencies done. I have no plans to take the remaining 3 before the fall, as it is too late to do so. 

Does anyone know how CSUF deals with candidates who don’t have all 12? Is it an immediate bar to admission? (Seriously, they already have my transcripts and I didn’t list courses in progress, so I’m confused how they didn’t know this when an invite was extended?) 

Or will they accept the candidate anyways and have them complete the pre reqs through the undergrad classes available? 

TIA!

Hello, 

I was curious if you were accepted to CSUF? I just completed my post-bac at CSUSM and applied to CSUF.  I am missing 3 which I was going to take through open university but I am not sure I will be able register since they are full. Just curious to know if individuals in my position are able to get in without those courses and take them during the first semester of grad school like you mentioned.  Thank you for your time and help!! :)

22 minutes ago, NeitSLP said:

Hello, 

I was curious if you were accepted to CSUF? I just completed my post-bac at CSUSM and applied to CSUF.  I am missing 3 which I was going to take through open university but I am not sure I will be able register since they are full. Just curious to know if individuals in my position are able to get in without those courses and take them during the first semester of grad school like you mentioned.  Thank you for your time and help!! :)

Hi there! I was put on their final waitlist and emailed by their dean personally, so I likely was going to be admitted once the registration deadline came to a close, but I withdrew my application before finding out as I accepted a spot at Chapman’s CSD program instead. Fullerton said they would have allowed me to take the classes during the grad school program but it would have added to their already long grad school program and it would not have allowed me to be part of the cohort because of this. Some of the classes are only offered at certain times of the year, so it also depends on availability to determine how long that might take. They had just started switching to cohorts at that time, so I am not sure if they have fixed this problem since then, but it does make it trickier. But they were definitely willing to admit me regardless, so you’ve absolutely got a shot!! Best of luck to you, hope this helps! 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Rosegrl211 said:

Hi there! I was put on their final waitlist and emailed by their dean personally, so I likely was going to be admitted once the registration deadline came to a close, but I withdrew my application before finding out as I accepted a spot at Chapman’s CSD program instead. Fullerton said they would have allowed me to take the classes during the grad school program but it would have added to their already long grad school program and it would not have allowed me to be part of the cohort because of this. Some of the classes are only offered at certain times of the year, so it also depends on availability to determine how long that might take. They had just started switching to cohorts at that time, so I am not sure if they have fixed this problem since then, but it does make it trickier. But they were definitely willing to admit me regardless, so you’ve absolutely got a shot!! Best of luck to you, hope this helps! 

Thank you so much Rosegrl211! This is very helpful and makes more sense that they most likely won't allow admission without the courses now since they have moved to a cohort model.  I have also applied to Chapman.  How do you like the program? Are classes every single night Mon-Friday?  Again, thank you so much for getting back to me.  I really appreciate your time. :)

3 hours ago, NeitSLP said:

Thank you so much Rosegrl211! This is very helpful and makes more sense that they most likely won't allow admission without the courses now since they have moved to a cohort model.  I have also applied to Chapman.  How do you like the program? Are classes every single night Mon-Friday?  Again, thank you so much for getting back to me.  I really appreciate your time. :)

Hi NeitSLP! Happy to help, hopefully CSUF has some more options available now that they have switched to a cohort model. That's exciting that you applied to Chapman! I think Chapman is an excellent program and has allowed for many opportunities that have helped me pursue my chosen area of expertise in the medical setting. It has of course been a challenge with COVID, but I think all programs are struggling with that. The classes are generally late afternoon to early evening first semester and then are all evening classes after that so that you can have practicum during the day, and are generally Monday-Thursday. If you have any other questions or want to discuss further just let me know, am happy to arrange a phone call if you'd like. Good luck, I remember how stressful it is waiting to hear back from places you've applied!