SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

So I don’t see a thread for this years SSHRC competition so I thought I’d start one. I’m on the edge of my seat to find out the results but from what I’ve read we’ve still got a couple weeks to go... 

This is my first time applying to SSHRC because I did a professional Masters and the process is crazy nerve wracking.

Oh thanks! I thought that one was for last year because usually they’re usually dated as the years you start holding the award. I know other people also thought there wasn’t one. I don’t know if you can change the name of the thread but it might help people find it if you change it to 2019-2020.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, Saiyph said:

I just got news from my institution that their committee decided to forward my application from the university level to the national level. So that's good news. Let the waiting on actual decisions begin!

Yay!!!! Congratulations :)
I just heard the same thing this afternoon. Once I get PhD applications in I can turn to worrying about the outcome of the national level for months, woohoo (but seriously, woohoo!). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, lambda-abstraction said:

I'm a direct applicant and haven't heard anything from SSHRC since I submitted my application. Have any of you heard any news from them?

I haven't heard anything, but last year my rejection letter was dated February 19. So if we didn't make it to the national competition we should be hearing soon.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:58 PM, lambda-abstraction said:

Thanks! Do you know if we'll hear from SSHRC if we do make it to the national competition or if we don't hear, we assume we made it, and then wait until April/May? Do we only hear now if it's bad news?

As far as I understand it, we find out either way. I'm expecting it this week. 

My application was forwarded to the national competition (as per an institutional e-mail). But just out of curiosity, I went online to the portal to see if there was a status update. There is nothing there? It does not say there is even an application submitted. Is that normal? Is anyone else's application still there? It only shows my CCV submitted. 

On 3/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, ButterTurtle said:

My application was forwarded to the national competition (as per an institutional e-mail). But just out of curiosity, I went online to the portal to see if there was a status update. There is nothing there? It does not say there is even an application submitted. Is that normal? Is anyone else's application still there? It only shows my CCV submitted. 

Same here. But in addition to my institutional e-mails, I also got an e-mail directly from SSHRC on Dec. 9, confirming that my application had been received.

I'm a direct applicant and haven't heard anything either. Should we expect to?

On 2/20/2020 at 5:53 PM, lambda-abstraction said:

I'm a direct applicant and haven't heard anything from SSHRC since I submitted my application. Have any of you heard any news from them?

On 3/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, ButterTurtle said:

I also had the same thing and I emailed them about it. They said that they had received my application but it became unavailable on the portal when the deadline closed. So you should be good, it's normal!

I emailed SSHRC about not having received word about whether my application had been forwarded to the national competition. I was informed that they changed the process and direct applicants don't go through that first round of reviews anymore. I suppose we can infer that all direct applications have been forwarded and we will hear in April!