SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

26 minutes ago, smallaxe said:

I emailed SSHRC about not having received word about whether my application had been forwarded to the national competition. I was informed that they changed the process and direct applicants don't go through that first round of reviews anymore. I suppose we can infer that all direct applications have been forwarded and we will hear in April!

Thanks for emailing them! I'm a direct applicant and I've been wondering if I'm going to hear anything. Did they tell you where the information is on their website about changing the process? 

17 hours ago, lambda-abstraction said:

Thanks for emailing them! I'm a direct applicant and I've been wondering if I'm going to hear anything. Did they tell you where the information is on their website about changing the process? 

No, they didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

We now have up to 4-5 weeks before we get our results (either by snail mail, or by email from your institution if they decide to). So far no changes from SSHRC on timelines. Past couple years SSHRC has waited until last week/last business day of April to mail results. I hope everyone is doing well while we anxiously wait our results during these difficult times of the COVID pandemic. Maybe SSHRC will surprise us and send them earlier, who knows. Wishing everyone success on your applications!  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tov said:

I emailed SSHRC about an address change and they informed me that decision letters will be emailed this year. I can’t believe SSHRC is finally going fully digital! It’s like the last dinosaur of all the grants 

My jaw literally just dropped. That's good news from the perspective of not having to wait for arbitrary snail mail - but not so good for my self-isolation habit of checking my e-mail too much. ? Best of luck waiting, everyone.  

4 hours ago, tov said:

I emailed SSHRC about an address change and they informed me that decision letters will be emailed this year. I can’t believe SSHRC is finally going fully digital! It’s like the last dinosaur of all the grants 

BLESSS

On 4/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, tov said:

Thanks for sharing this information! When did they mention this this to you, and did they give a timeframe? Reason I ask is that SSHRC tweeted a response yesterday saying results will be mailed out to addresses this month.

Also, does anyone else have any indication of when the results are going to be released? I know that the previous years have been the last day of April, but I'm wondering if the results are going to be emailed that there might be some changes to the dates...

43 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

Thanks for sharing this information! When did they mention this this to you, and did they give a timeframe? Reason I ask is that SSHRC tweeted a response yesterday saying results will be mailed out to addresses this month.

Also, does anyone else have any indication of when the results are going to be released? I know that the previous years have been the last day of April, but I'm wondering if the results are going to be emailed that there might be some changes to the dates...

I emailed someone from the school of graduate studies at my institution today to ask if they have the results yet internally and if not, if he knows of a potential timeline. I will let you know if he gets back to me!

3 minutes ago, sjalava said:

Most definitely for the masters competition.

One person at UMontreal said they just found out they won a Joseph-Armand Bombardier, so doctoral competition. That’s the only one I saw on Twitter though.

Edited by psycgrad08

1 minute ago, psycgrad08 said:

One person at UMontreal said they just found out they won a Joseph-Armand Bombardier, so doctoral competition. That’s the only one I saw on Twitter though.

I believe I saw that too, and it said it was for the masters.

2 minutes ago, bluesnow said:

I believe I saw that too, and it said it was for the masters.

Ahh ok thanks for that! All I saw was Joseph-Armand Bombardier. Didn’t realize that was for masters as well. 

Also I just received this from my department's graduate coordinator when I asked if she knew anything: "Not yet – they always tell us it will be 15 Apr and they are invariably a few days late….."

7 minutes ago, sjalava said:

Also I just received this from my department's graduate coordinator when I asked if she knew anything: "Not yet – they always tell us it will be 15 Apr and they are invariably a few days late….."

Thanks for the update!

On 4/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, bluesnow said:

Here is the email they sent me on April 14th: 

212032852_ScreenShot2020-04-16at3_26_16PM.thumb.png.4215fa8418a09f9c0ceb5fd1e9442a05.png

11 minutes ago, gradstudentka said:

A bit confusing that they tweeted about mailing the results on the exact same day 

From what I gather looking at the other replies they've given to various tweets, the social media person's job appears to be to say "status quo applies/check the website/please be patient." Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd be inclined to believe what people are hearing from within the organization.

20 minutes ago, angrycrustacean said:

From what I gather looking at the other replies they've given to various tweets, the social media person's job appears to be to say "status quo applies/check the website/please be patient." Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd be inclined to believe what people are hearing from within the organization.

Yes. I heard direct from the agency (not a tweet) this afternoon and they said results would be electronic/online this year.