HGSE 2020

Leo Liao

I also have not received word (HDP program). In past cycles it looks like everyone found out on the same day? That would seem fair. If I had to bet, I would guess decisions are released Friday afternoon around 5 pm - give folks a cooling off period over the weekend.  But who knows, this is a very different type of admissions cycle! Good luck everyone! In the meantime, stay calm and carry on :-)

1 hour ago, tyguy3005 said:

To catch up:

I applied to EPM

I already have a J.D.

I also don’t see any change in the application portal and hope this wasn’t a mean prank!

I applied to EPM as well! Best of luck :)

4 minutes ago, Jleighski123 said:

I also have not received word (HDP program). In past cycles it looks like everyone found out on the same day? That would seem fair. If I had to bet, I would guess decisions are released Friday afternoon around 5 pm - give folks a cooling off period over the weekend.  But who knows, this is a very different type of admissions cycle! Good luck everyone! In the meantime, stay calm and carry on ?

I'd agree! I'm thinking between 4:30-5:30 on Friday, I've already had a couple of dreams about decisions coming out haha so I'm looking forward for the waiting game to end. 

2 hours ago, art229 said:

I'd agree! I'm thinking between 4:30-5:30 on Friday, I've already had a couple of dreams about decisions coming out haha so I'm looking forward for the waiting game to end. 

Admit notices last March were released Friday, March 6 at 3:45p (gradcafe time, whatever time-zone that is?)

Oden

Any other folks who applied TIE?

I applied TIE(technology innovation and education), full time.

I have 2 years experience in ed tech company as project manager. 3 years of experience in finance and accounting prior to ed tech.

My undergrad GPA is low - 3.34.  

10 minutes ago, hgsegogogo said:

Any other folks who applied TIE?

I applied TIE(technology innovation and education), full time.

I have 2 years experience in ed tech company as project manager. 3 years of experience in finance and accounting prior to ed tech.

My undergrad GPA is low - 3.34.  

Hi! I applied to TIE full-time as well. Most of my experience is in education but not much experience in technology.

Just now, boptillidrop77 said:

I have also applied to TIE, part-time. I have a little over a year of experience in the tech and health sciences industries. Good luck! 

Thank you for the message! 
Did you just graduate? I got my B.A in 2016. 

Just now, alexalondon73 said:

Hi! I applied to TIE full-time as well. Most of my experience is in education but not much experience in technology.

Hi thank you for the message!!! I think your experience in education would just be sufficient to apply TIE.

I am wondering if TIE would be hot this year due to the covid-19 -  classroom teaching transformation to online learning. 

5 minutes ago, hgsegogogo said:

Hi thank you for the message!!! I think your experience in education would just be sufficient to apply TIE.

I am wondering if TIE would be hot this year due to the covid-19 -  classroom teaching transformation to online learning. 

I thought that may be so at first, but considering how new of a program is and how fast the application cycle was, I don’t think it will be too “hot.” Fingers crossed !

5 minutes ago, hgsegogogo said:

Good question. I was wondering if TIE would offer students the opportunity to join live online learning sessions in Elementary or Middle School as I am interested to observe student level of engagement and observe how assessments are done. 

7 minutes ago, boptillidrop77 said:

I thought that may be so at first, but considering how new of a program is and how fast the application cycle was, I don’t think it will be too “hot.” Fingers crossed !

Me too. I don't see many TIE applicants on this forum yet. 

6 minutes ago, alexalondon73 said:

Good question. I was wondering if TIE would offer students the opportunity to join live online learning sessions in Elementary or Middle School as I am interested to observe student level of engagement and observe how assessments are done. 

Same here. It's an interesting era to apply TIE. 

I have been following this forum closely since the application first opened and it helps in dealing with the suspense and dread of the wait lol!

I applied to the HDP program and have about 7 years experience as a public educator. I've also been volunteering for longer with low-income and at-risk kids in my city. My GPA in undergrad was a poor 2.7, but my credentialing program entailed full time student teaching for a year with a full time load of classes at night everyday and I earned a 3.89, so I'm hoping that demonstrates what I'm truly capable of (I had some family issues around a death that led to a severe drop in grades over two quarters during my undergrad).

It seems like time's going slower as we approach Friday!

Good luck to you all and I hope you all the very best! Thanks for keeping me company! :D

3 minutes ago, DaGreatCyrus said:

I have been following this forum closely since the application first opened and it helps in dealing with the suspense and dread of the wait lol!

I applied to the HDP program and have about 7 years experience as a public educator. I've also been volunteering for longer with low-income and at-risk kids in my city. My GPA in undergrad was a poor 2.7, but my credentialing program entailed full time student teaching for a year with a full time load of classes at night everyday and I earned a 3.89, so I'm hoping that demonstrates what I'm truly capable of (I had some family issues around a death that led to a severe drop in grades over two quarters during my undergrad).

Good luck to you all and I hope you all the very best! Thanks for keeping me company! :D

Happy to have you here! I believe they definitely will favor your application because working in urban classroom settings is highly valued and important work. Out of all of the Harvard Graduate schools, I think they will be the most understanding and compassionate regarding the dip and comeback in grades.

19 minutes ago, DaGreatCyrus said:

Dont worry about your GPA...It's only part of the application:) Your experience sounds amazing. 

I am extremely anxious...Can I say I haven't been able to sleep well this week....