MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

Just now, Meeha said:

Same! Have not heard from them or anyone for that matter. I'm seriously starting to think I'm not getting in this year 

Same! This is my first time applying and it's so competitive to get into healthcare workforce here in BC after completing a BSc. in Health Sciences. 

25 minutes ago, katniss055 said:

Same! This is my first time applying and it's so competitive to get into healthcare workforce here in BC after completing a BSc. in Health Sciences. 

It really is! A lot of pre med students apply to mph programs as their backup as well as professionals already working in the healthcare are applying. I am literally checking my email every 10 minutes and it is driving me up the wall. No rejection or acceptance so what is going on ?!?!? Would suck to get all my rejections in one go lol 

But I hope you hear back soon

36 minutes ago, Meeha said:

It really is! A lot of pre med students apply to mph programs as their backup as well as professionals already working in the healthcare are applying. I am literally checking my email every 10 minutes and it is driving me up the wall. No rejection or acceptance so what is going on ?!?!? Would suck to get all my rejections in one go lol 

But I hope you hear back soon

you too! 

10 hours ago, katniss055 said:

No! Being an SFU Student, I am eagerly waiting for their response. But I know that they are closed and might be working from home. I did send an email to their MPH Advisor, but no reply! 

Hi, 

A fellow SFU applicant here. I emailed SFU couple of weeks ago and the email I received from them early last week said they will contact applicants towards the end of March/early April. Fingers crossed that they are still on track to do this and not behind due to the covid-19 situation. 

52 minutes ago, ruralbcgal said:

Hi, 

A fellow SFU applicant here. I emailed SFU couple of weeks ago and the email I received from them early last week said they will contact applicants towards the end of March/early April. Fingers crossed that they are still on track to do this and not behind due to the covid-19 situation. 

Thank You ! 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, Anon2 said:

Congratulations everyone! Super happy for all of you getting in :)

I guess U of T still has no updates - they gonna be making us wait for a while ?

UofT MPH epi pushed the deadline for apps by a week because they had a lower number of applicants compared to previous years. My prof (on the admissions committee) said the first wave of results will most likely come out some time in April, not late March according to their website.

Good luck and hope yall get in!

edit: UofT MSc biostats results got released yesterday (or 2 days ago?) if anyone's interested in that

Edited by NovaTerra

11 hours ago, NovaTerra said:

UofT MPH epi pushed the deadline for apps by a week because they had a lower number of applicants compared to previous years. My prof (on the admissions committee) said the first wave of results will most likely come out some time in April, not late March according to their website.

Good luck and hope yall get in!

edit: UofT MSc biostats results got released yesterday (or 2 days ago?) if anyone's interested in that

Well that's just kind of confusing. I wonder why there's a lower number of applicants when they didn't even require the GRE this year. I assumed that was the limiting factor. Did your prof tell you when in April? Pretty sure I have to accept/reject another offer by the end of the first week ? 

18 hours ago, ruralbcgal said:

Hi, 

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Jim28 said:

Well that's just kind of confusing. I wonder why there's a lower number of applicants when they didn't even require the GRE this year. I assumed that was the limiting factor. Did your prof tell you when in April? Pretty sure I have to accept/reject another offer by the end of the first week ? 

She didn’t tell me when, she just told me that it’s likely not going to happen in late March. I found it confusing since she also said there’s a lower pool of applicants ?‍♂️

On a similar note, I got rejected from their PhD program earlier than expected lol. Idk what’s up with their schedule. I’m just blindly believing her since she’s a bit high up on the ladder and I have no other source of info.

7 hours ago, NovaTerra said:

She didn’t tell me when, she just told me that it’s likely not going to happen in late March. I found it confusing since she also said there’s a lower pool of applicants ?‍♂️

On a similar note, I got rejected from their PhD program earlier than expected lol. Idk what’s up with their schedule. I’m just blindly believing her since she’s a bit high up on the ladder and I have no other source of info.

Ah well that's slightly frustrating but yeah thanks for the update lol I suppose another 2 weeks is nothing compared to how long we've been waiting already 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, Anon2 said:

Congratulations everyone! Super happy for all of you getting in :)

I guess U of T still has no updates - they gonna be making us wait for a while ?

I was accepted in early March to UoT! What stream did you apply for? 

*For anyone waiting to hear back from Queens*

I emailed the grad assistant and she said that rejections and waitlists are going out by the end of this week/beginning of next week. Do not take my word for this, but from the emails it seems like for those who haven’t heard back, we are either rejected or waitlisted and then a second round of offers will go out after they’ve heard back from the first rounders. It sucks but it is what it is. I hope this information is helpful. 

It is really frustrating when there are people who are super passionate about working within the public health field who are losing spots to those just using an MPH as a stepping stone. I can understand the latter, but it’s still frustrating. :( Good luck to all who are still waiting! 

Edited by phlove33

51 minutes ago, phlove33 said:

*For anyone waiting to hear back from Queens*

I emailed the grad assistant and she said that rejections and waitlists are going out by the end of this week/beginning of next week. Do not take my word for this, but from the emails it seems like for those who haven’t heard back, we are either rejected or waitlisted and then a second round of offers will go out after they’ve heard back from the first rounders. It sucks but it is what it is. I hope this information is helpful. 

It is really frustrating when there are people who are super passionate about working within the public health field who are losing spots to those just using an MPH as a stepping stone. I can understand the latter, but it’s still frustrating. :( Good luck to all who are still waiting! 

Wow! I guess I am receiving a rejection letter from a few universities then. I totally agree with you on losing spots to those using this as a stepping stone but dont lose hope you will hear positive news soon.

Edited by Meeha

56 minutes ago, Meeha said:

Wow! I guess I am receiving a rejection letter from a few universities then. I totally agree with you on losing spots to those using this as a stepping stone but dont lose hope you will hear positive news soon.

I hope you at least get waitlisted, it’s better than a rejection. Stay positive! Thank you for your kind words. :)

Update: I just got an offer from Guelph! They sent an email saying to check their portal to view the status. We have until April 13th to accept/decline the offer.

Good luck to anyone else who applied! Still waiting on SFU to get back to me before I decide. 

Edited by Sekai