NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

31 minutes ago, cellbiogal said:

I'd like to believe the dates are just a fluke and we've all been considered equally throughout this timeline, buuuuuut this recent update to some people's accounts (and how few have the new update) really lends itself to speculating that folks with 4/13 updates are the winners and folks with 4/7 updates are alternate awardees. If that's the case, congrats! 

Either way, I'm looking forward to finally being put out of my misery and having the results of this as the last piece of the puzzle.

~December Gang~

This makes sense on the surface, but the whole series of April updates don't really jive with any real logic. Updates on 4/3, 4/6, 4/7, and 4/13. If the 4/7 folks are alternates, what are the 4/3 and 4/6 folks? What would they have been going in to do on 4/3 and 4/6? If the 4/3 folks were those that made to the DoD review panels and were not selected, that could make sense, but then what would the 4/6 people be? That close series of dates really wouldn't make much sense. All in all, I'm still not convinced the dates are meaningful.

That said, it certainly does seem like the small number of folks with updates today indicates they're likely to be the winners, so definitely congrats to you all! Interesting that there are no ONR updates today, but the smaller sample size for ONR makes that not too unlikely.

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY

And so it was that the applicants to the 2019-2020 NDSEG Fellowship found themselves on the forum at the dawn of the Second Day, April 14. The Second Day was far from the second day of waiting, but was the second day wherein notification was possible, as laid down by the mythical NDSEG Administrators themselves. The ~DecemberGang~, with its characteristic boundless enthusiasm beginning to wain ever so slightly, was holding strong as other clans found updates even on the First Day, April 13. The community had survived the Troll Attacks of the Zeroth Day, a day of fervent activity for the Forum that sowed despair among some of the ranks and camaraderie among others. But at the dawn of the Second Day, the group was hopeful. Could it be that the benevolent Administrators would end their wait on this day? There was hopeful anticipation, nervous anxiety, and of course cynical despair (as was common among many in the year 2020). But in the end, only the Administrators could know what was to come on the Second Day.  

Good luck waiting everyone, one day or another it's coming to an end soon. 

Snare, snare? I have no snare in my NDSEG app.

Yeah, there we go. Ready?

Waiting around for my final application decision

NDSEG fellowship, we ain't in a competition

~December Gang~ dawg we're just clownin around

No sysplus updates since Santa came to town

My application was focused, my proposal was sick,

April updates can suck my big fat....nahhhhh

it's all good cuz we're brothers and sisters in this

it's a war with institutions and academia and shit

Don't let your self worth be defined by a yes or no online

yall better recognize, ~December Gang~ til I die

*mic drop*

Just now, justanothergradstudent said:

they're really about to push it to the very last day aren't they

Plot twist, they don't even make the deadline and were just saying that it would be on Wednesday to keep people (relatively) sane

2 minutes ago, thel said:

Plot twist, they don't even make the deadline and were just saying that it would be on Wednesday to keep people (relatively) sane

Don't do this to me, I beg of you.

But for real, how hard would it be to send out emails just saying 'nah fam' and leave it at that. 

Edit: if I get one more email that's not from SysPlus, I am going to lose it.

Edited by vpaglioni3

Been lurking for a while, this forum is better than netflix haha. But have you guys checked your spam folders? Notifications may have been sent there erroneously

3 minutes ago, Aleph said:

Been lurking for a while, this forum is better than netflix haha. But have you guys checked your spam folders? Notifications may have been sent there erroneously

I'm going to speak for everyone and say our routine forum+email+SysPlus Site  rounds include a quick visit to the spam folder too. 

Just now, 3st3rb said:

I'm going to speak for everyone and say our routine forum+email+SysPlus Site  rounds include a quick visit to the spam folder too. 

This. I leave no stone unturned in my quest for information, which at this point restarts roughly every 2 minutes.

Ah ok, lol sounds good. Is this officially the latest ( as in the closest to apr 15 deadline) ndseg announcement? I remember a table floating around on here that had dates of notifications from previous years, but I can't seem to find it

Edited by Aleph

Just now, Aleph said:

Ah ok, lol sounds good. Is this officially the latest ndseg announcement? I remember a table floating around on here that had dates of notifications from previous years, but I can't seem to find it

I believe so