NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

Just now, E1virologirl said:

Ooooh this is getting spicy now. New MTV series? haha. I never dated a Rob before but maybe he changed his name just to torment hard working graduate students.

I'm trying probably too hard to come up with a name haha

Just now, NDSEG_throwaway said:

~grad student that has time to date has entered the chat~

Brag a little why don't you? :D

Haha those men were mostly from my undergrad experience ... thank god. Now my boyfriend is a marine that is just as busy as I am so it works out perfectly.  We pretty much cuddle while we are both home doing paperwork haha. So romantic.

Just now, thel said:

Interviewer: So what is your name again?

"Bob": *Rapidly looks around waiting room*

"Bob": *Sees The Joy of Painting playing on the TV*

"Bob": Bob Ross 

Hahahahaha. I'm crying I am laughing so hard right now.

1 minute ago, Sir Lurks-a-lot said:

Now we know you are lying!  Marines don't cuddle.

They do if you change their genetics in their sleep, just kidding. I guess I found an anomaly... or he is really from another branch and is in disguise as a marine. Who knows?

21 minutes ago, thel said:

I imagine when you are getting the same email multiple times a day you start to just copy and paste (at least that's what I would do)

THIS. I legit got to the point where I could answer like 50 applicant emails an hour at 1 pt. You just keep a google doc, copy paste, add a sentence boom. 

Asked him for a projected time and this was the response:

Thanks for following up with those questions.

We do not have a projected time today for the decisions to be released, and it could take as much as 24 hours for all of the email notifications to be processed. Many applicants could receive their notifications tomorrow.

so looks like Rob is not a bot. Also would post a screenshot but then I'd have to go on to my computer because a screenshot on my phone has size limitations and it's a whole thing.

Edited by somethingsimple

Just now, somethingsimple said:

Asked him for a projected time and this was the response:

Thanks for following up with those questions.

We do not have a projected time today for the decisions to be released, and it could take as much as 24 hours for all of the email notifications to be processed. Many applicants could receive their notifications tomorrow.

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Just now, Physicsisphysics said:

I think we can do it, especially if Rob is saying it may take another day before we hear back!

If we want to do it - we have to commit to it. I'll do what I can, but at a certain point 'trying to top the TheGradCafe leaderboard' won't qualify as progress in my PI's eyes :( 

19 minutes ago, vpaglioni3 said:

If we want to do it - we have to commit to it. I'll do what I can, but at a certain point 'trying to top the TheGradCafe leaderboard' won't qualify as progress in my PI's eyes :( 

Wait...you normally make progress in your PI's eyes??? We should have had a column for that on the spreadsheet. This fellowship was definitely out of my league. XD XD XD

1 minute ago, samplingbias said:

Wait...you normally make progress in your PI's eyes??? We should have had a column for that on the spreadsheet. This fellowship was definitely out of my league. XD XD XD

oh no, no, no - definitely not. Like a drunkard walk, I sometimes stumble in the right direction, but I usually find myself going in circles. Usually, I can blame it on coursework, grant applications, etc. I'm not sure if 'helping make history on an internet forum' holds as much weight as those two

1 hour ago, somethingsimple said:

At least we now know the emails might not come all at once. And that it will be via email and not portal (I specifically asked that and he said email in his response).

That's actually good to know - no need to check the portal repeatedly then.  Thanks for digging on this.

Just now, vpaglioni3 said:

oh no, no, no - definitely not. Like a drunkard walk, I sometimes stumble in the right direction, but I usually find myself going in circles. Usually, I can blame it on coursework, grant applications, etc. I'm not sure if 'helping make history on an internet forum' holds as much weight as those two

This is just part of the grant application.  Right?  Right?