NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

Just now, OhTheStress said:

This is just part of the grant application.  Right?  Right?

Of course. I'm working on the prestigious TGC grant. $5.2B over three years to develop next-generation social networking devices

4 minutes ago, chem_e_156 said:

Long time lurker, just noticed a change in the last updated to 4/16 for me, yall might want to check to see if it updated for you

For me, too. Now my 4/13-> 4/16.

6 minutes ago, petrPCB said:

Non-December gang peeps are welcome to join the December Gang Discord and unofficial conference, too. The more the merrier.

Who said this is unofficial? We're starting a cult life-changing new organization that will be studied for centuries.

4 minutes ago, cellbiogal said:

Well I'm still in December Gang, no update for me. Did you already have april updates?

I  had a 4/3 update but nothing since and was ChemE ARO, I'd like to think I'm decently competitive since I got NSF, but I'm guessing most of date changes are probably just program/discipline specific

I think we all agree the dates mean "something," it's what they mean that's up for debate.

For example, no ONR updates past 4/7. Perhaps ONR has been done for a while? Or not a single person in the spreadsheet who applied to ONR won? We really don't know.

Just now, vpaglioni3 said:

ooof, it's not looking good for the 'dates are meaningless' theory. 

I am of the theory that all of the April updates are different DoD people "weighing in" to the application (maybe it goes to the different P.O.s then to higher ups?). In this thinking, any April update is a good thing as it means your application is at least getting passed around at DoD.

Just now, thel said:

I am of the theory that all of the April updates are different DoD people "weighing in" to the application (maybe it goes to the different P.O.s then to higher ups?). In this thinking, any April update is a good thing as it means your application is at least getting passed around at DoD.

This seems most likely to me. Again, the dates also seem somewhat agency specific, especially the April dates.

Just now, robertac93 said:

This seems most likely to me. Again, the dates also seem somewhat agency specific, especially the April dates.

I imagine what is happening now is a bunch of P.O.s are getting emails that they haven't submitted their selections on time and now we will see the rush

4 minutes ago, ScienceGeek said:

Also, no one on the spreadsheet for ARO or AFRL for computer and computational sciences have post- December updates. I'm very curious to uncover the hidden date meanings lol

Unless you can count hopefulstudent1997 listed as EE but under the BAA for computing sciences